Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help. Kitten stuck in my dashboard!

atlannie
09-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I cannot believe this is happening. I got a new kitten tonight and he crawled up under the driver's side and has lodged himself in the dashboard and I have no idea what to do to get him out. The harder I try to get him out, the further in he wedges himself. I can feel his foot and it's like he's behind the radio. Can someone please tell me how to get this dashboard open. I know this sounds so stupid but I was trying to save this little kitten and he was so scared he did this.

Thanks for any help. Annie in Atlanta

sivic02
09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Take the dash out, can i tell you how to do this? Not exaclty. I dont own a PT but the dash is probably just held in by a bunch of clips...grab a screwdriver and start prying. If you dont feel like doing this and you can still feel the cats leg just grab and snatch.

atlannie
09-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, I took the car with kitty in the dash to the Chrysler dealership first thing this morning and they took the dashboard out and got the cat, which immediately bit the mechanic. But he's out and just had a bath and is sleeping off his misadventure in the PT Cruiser. Just cost me $44.00 which was a break since it took some time and they were very, very nice about it.

Annie in Atlanta

Moppie
09-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Wow, glad you got it sorted :)

Im sure the guys in the dealership got a good chukle out of it too, its one of those stories they will be telling around the lunch room table for years to come :)

Add your comment to this topic!