Getting codes P0336..P0340...P0130

MSDGN
09-21-2006, 03:20 PM
My sister has a 2000 Cavalier...2.2L...car has been hard to start sometimes and engine light has been coming on...I checked the codes via my scanner and they are P0336...P0340 and P0130...I clear the codes and the next day they are back...this has been happening for about a week...I'm planning on replacing the Crank Sensor since it's cheap but could a bad Crank sensor cause the other codes?...or are there more problems?

Cavalier2000
09-21-2006, 05:49 PM
did you look up what the codes meant

djopm
09-22-2009, 06:30 AM
My sister has a 2000 Cavalier...2.2L...car has been hard to start sometimes and engine light has been coming on...I checked the codes via my scanner and they are P0336...P0340 and P0130...I clear the codes and the next day they are back...this has been happening for about a week...I'm planning on replacing the Crank Sensor since it's cheap but could a bad Crank sensor cause the other codes?...or are there more problems?

The codes listed, according to my OBDII reader are:

P0130 - O2 sensor circuit
P0336 - Crankshaft position sensor "A" circuit/range performance
P0340 - Camshaft position sensor "A" circuit

I have no idea what these are, but I have a 2000 cavalier with the same codes.

If anyone out there has experienced this and knows what the issue is and about how much it will cost to fix, it would help tremendously.

To the original poster: Is your TRAC OFF light on as well?

-CK

jakegday
09-22-2009, 09:31 AM
i know a bad crankshaft position sensor will cause your traction control to not work at times. it may also cause your tac (if applicalbe) to drop to 0 at times. if it goes completely bad, your car will not start at all. also, i THINK the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor work together, so if one is bad it may set codes for both.

manicmechanix
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
The codes listed, according to my OBDII reader are:

P0130 - O2 sensor circuit
P0336 - Crankshaft position sensor "A" circuit/range performance
P0340 - Camshaft position sensor "A" circuit

I have no idea what these are, but I have a 2000 cavalier with the same codes.

If anyone out there has experienced this and knows what the issue is and about how much it will cost to fix, it would help tremendously.

To the original poster: Is your TRAC OFF light on as well?

-CK

Does your car start, and did you clear the codes and they came back? The crank sensor could be causing the other codes. You need to take a good look at the crank sensor wiring and connector and the wiring from the ICM and to the PCM. It could also be a bad CKP sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!