Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Town and Country

desertdiggler
09-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Does anyone have a link for a how to do Brake Job for a 2003 Town and Country Mini Van. Specifically replacing the front brakes? Also, I am confused a bit when I tried to replace the pads and it recommended replacing with rear drum pads. Does any of this sound correct?

thank you

RIP
09-20-2006, 01:47 PM
You could buy a Haynes or Chiltons manual for $15-20. You could check with your local library and see if they have one you could sign out.

You got me confused too. First, what is "it"? Second, I am assuming you have front disk brakes and rear drum brakes. Pads go on the front disc brakes. Shoes go on the rear drum brakes. Normally rear drum shoes wear much slower than front disk pads. You can usually get away with changing the rear drum shoes about every third time you change the front disk pads. Is this what you were looking for?

BTW - The rear drum brake shoes on my 96GC lasted 150,000 miles.

desertdiggler
09-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the information. What I meant to say is, I guess the type of front disc pad depends on whether the rear brakes are drum or disc as well. I was confused by the parts description when I went to order the pads. For some reason it kept saying front discs with rear drums. Thanks for the info

You could buy a Haynes or Chiltons manual for $15-20. You could check with your local library and see if they have one you could sign out.

You got me confused too. First, what is "it"? Second, I am assuming you have front disk brakes and rear drum brakes. Pads go on the front disc brakes. Shoes go on the rear drum brakes. Normally rear drum shoes wear much slower than front disk pads. You can usually get away with changing the rear drum shoes about every third time you change the front disk pads. Is this what you were looking for?

BTW - The rear drum brake shoes on my 96GC lasted 150,000 miles.

Add your comment to this topic!