How to repair windshield washer fluid reservoir?

pheros
09-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi guys and gals. I'm new comer with 2002 cavalier. In last week, I bought it as is.
I found leakage in windshield washer fluid reservoir. Dealer asked me $210 to fix it by replacing.

So, I want to fix it by myself by replacing or using patch.

I checked under hood how to access it. But I have no idea.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks you.

my99cavy
09-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Your best bet is to just replace the reservior instead of messing around with trying to patch it try junkyards for the part.

G0ldRush
09-19-2006, 10:26 PM
If it leaks where the pump is you probaly just remove the pump and put gasket glue, otherwise, if it's the tank itself hot plastic glue gun can save you money and do the job perfecly because there no pressure in tht tank

Classicrocjunkie
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Remove your driver side tire, and you'll have to remove the fender liners. The air intake bong may be in the way, but you don't need it. The pump is actually on the inside of the resevoir towards the radiator. So you'll have to remove the liner all together.

my99cavy
09-20-2006, 07:25 AM
Remove your driver side tire, and you'll have to remove the fender liners. The air intake bong may be in the way, but you don't need it. The pump is actually on the inside of the resevoir towards the radiator. So you'll have to remove the liner all together.Are those instructions for removing the pump of the reservoir??? Because hes asking about the reservroir not the pump.

Classicrocjunkie
09-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I got side tracked by the guy above me...

my99cavy
09-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I got side tracked by the guy above me...Oh ok I thought so just checking.

pheros
09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks for your advice. I will try this weekend.

-Result-

I found the crack in the windshild washer fluid pump. I changed it.

Add your comment to this topic!