Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 E55 Rear Clunking noise

RicardoARod
09-17-2006, 10:54 PM
hello i have this 2002 E55 that has a rear clunking noise like it from the suspension, but everything is tight and all is. does anyone know about any TSB's that are out for that or has experianced the same problem and solved it? any help is much appreciated thank in advance

deiseldwarf
09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
My wise teacher usually puts the vehicle on it's wheels and bounces the thing, to hear if it makes noise. If it does, a buddy can listen, as you bounce and you might find that noise. Futhermore, you could also use a rubber mallet and hit the bushings, to hear if they clunk. SOmetimes that is the way to make those little gremlin noises show themselves.
I would like to know if the clunk manifests during accelleration, turns, or whatever circumstance. That my lead you to better explore the source of the noise.

RicardoARod
09-19-2006, 09:41 PM
it sounds like the spring is pinging durring bumps but at time it does it as you stop

deiseldwarf
09-23-2006, 12:10 AM
So, this car uses a shock and coil spring set up? If so, have you inspected the spring, in case it has broken?

arlingtoncountyred
09-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Check the rear shocks, common problem on the W210 chassis.

joe_h
09-26-2006, 08:30 AM
well i dunno about rear but i had that kind of problem before and i had to change, i dunno what they call 'em but i think its the shock absorbers, the metal that take the "beating"......have run down a generous bump or something made the car clash down hard?

Add your comment to this topic!