93 Legacy with 05 WRX Parts?

Originalcyn
09-17-2006, 07:56 PM
A friend of mine is currently upgrading his 05 WRX and told me I can have any parts that come off it. I currently own a 93 legacy LS 4WD 2.2L. I started with the cosmetic things, painted the wing and bolted it on, new WRX rims and such. The issue is i that I can get his old turbo and intercooler as well as injectors, exhaust, brakes and suspension. Is any of this work actually feasible? He seems to think all the work will be a breeze, but that seems to be a poor estimate...Thanks for the help.

Bizzy102
09-21-2006, 09:04 PM
You are going to have some issues always count on that. When you do swaps like this you should make sure you have a nice beater around until your build is done number one.. Sometime it is better to have the whole car there for some extra reinforcement. Bottom line, it is going to be a job but you should have no problem. You will deffinetly have to modify some stuff though, might even have to modify you cpu..

Originalcyn
09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I was worried about that. If I did put on the turbo, then I think the ECU would have to be remapped. But, do you think its likely that the parts would actually just fit? And even then, if i did use the intercooler, I'd have to get a new hood with a scoop, and I have not been able to locate a 93 Legacy hood with a scoop in it anywhere...All this seems to imply that it might not even be worth doing. The suspension is off an STI of the same year, I think that might be an easy swap, as well as hopefully the exhaust from the cat back and the brakes. But I guess we'll see. Thanks for the help!

Bizzy102
09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
nothing is impossible.. You should be prepared to do some serious mods thats all. If you are a mechanic that like everything done right it will take a while.. If you just want it done, you will always find a shortcut. Its all up to you. As far as a Legacy hood with a scoop, You might want to mood your hood..

Add your comment to this topic!