Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where can I find a loud exhaust?

Fly Rice Racer
08-30-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey guys and gals. I don't want my car to be a sleeper. I want it loud as it can be and yet stay street legal(just to piss the cops off if they try to ticket me).

What exhaust system gives the best kickass thunderous sound out there?

Thanks so much!!!

thewoahna
08-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Tanabe Racing Medalion

thewoahna
08-30-2002, 04:13 PM
Oh... and if you are in an area that doesnt have E-Check, get a test pipe and replace you Cat. A test pipe will make it even louder! You can get a custom test pipe from....

www.testpipe.com

Hope this helps!

Fly Rice Racer
08-30-2002, 04:44 PM
Great job. Thanks for pointing out that exhaust system! From reading the reviews it sounds awsome.

Only problem is that in a lot of the reviews, people complained up cops giving them fix-it tickets for having it.

How can cops give fix it tickets for a 50 state legal exhaust?

It sounds like Bullshit cops picking on import drivers to me. How does one get out of a ticket like that?

thewoahna
08-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Not sure about that, I have a DC system, it is deep, but not oo loud, so I have never had any problems. My friend has the Tanabe on his CRX and it is really loud, it screams! I guess what I would do is maybe have some sort of proof on paper that the exhaust is 50 state legal, and if you get stopped, show the cop. I am not sure, but if you want loud, I guess it is just a gamble you have to deal with. But like I said, if you want loud, the Tanabe is the one for you! If you are afraid of the noise level, wait off and get the test pipe later.

Fly Rice Racer
08-30-2002, 06:05 PM
Cops are huge import profilers. They will pull any import with any modification, but will let a Harley that's screaming your ears off go right by.

I want the exhaust to be just as loud as humanly possible! I am dynamating my car to keep a lot of the noise out of the interior.

Thanks so much for your help! I have goosebumps just thinking about the exhaust system.

I want it to scream like no other!!! So i'm sure that the test pipe will be next on the list.

Tominos
08-30-2002, 10:35 PM
i recommend greddy evo. it is probably the loudest exhaust i have ever heard, it just screams and is really deep. all you gotta do is get a straight through muffler without much sound deadening material in it to get the loudness you want. but greddy evo is 50 state legal.

strodda
08-31-2002, 01:02 AM
i dont have a catback, just new piping with a 4" twin canister muffler welded on. i got the new catback piping cause when i went to get the muffler welded at the shop, the stock was all rusted, and actually had holes forming. but it sounds nice and deep, and it gets a little loud when i floor it. alot better than that high pitch tincan sounding shit. i thought i had a sound clip, i dont now... but if you wanna hear it i can record it tomorrow.

Fly Rice Racer
08-31-2002, 06:43 AM
I would love to here what your exhaust sounds like. Thanks so much!

Redline_civic91
09-02-2002, 03:09 PM
first off by the looks of your car no matter how loud your exhaust is you car will still be slow, sorry to tell you mister ricer boy. why dont you work on your engine and make your car fast then try to sound intimitaing. cause i get tired of ricers like u pulling next to me and reving their stupid loud exhaust like they got some monster engine. they all end up feeling pretty stupid when my b-20 rips their fucken doors off the hinges. so before you try to look/sound fast make sure you can back it up cause i guarantee it you will get made stupid when a real racer smokes the fuck out of you.

back to the subject on loud exhaust. my friend has a greddy evo. it is not loud unless u really push it and even then its not loud. so by what u want trust me greddy is not the way to go.

alot of what has to do with noise is how big of pipes you go and if you go to the cat. or all the way to the enigine. there is a difference. magnaflow is pretty good.

but if you really want loud powerfull exhaust go striaght pipe. thats what i did to the catalac conv. with a 2 3/4 pipe. i got a great loud sound that i love and turns heads everywhere i go.

if you just drive regular around cops its not that loud just keep your revs down. i did get a ticket one time. heres what u do.

keep your stock muffler. if you get a ticket just take it to a shop tell them to weld that on so u can write off your ticket takes about 15 min. then go back to the shop and tell them to cut it off and put your loud one back on another 15 min. or so. total price about 30 dollars for labor. no parts. then off you go with your loud exhaust. if you get another ticket just do it again. its easy. fuck the police.

good luck

thewoahna
09-02-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey man, don't be rippin on rides like that. If he wants a loud exhaust, let him be. Everyone has to start somewhere! I know that I don’t got much either, I don’t have an endless supply of cash, and with going to school, I am very limited on the supply of cash for my car. But I take what I have and make the best of it. If it wasn't for people like me, you wouldn’t have anyone to blow the doors off. I still say go for the Tanabe with a test pipe if you want it loud. Good Luck!

Redline_civic91
09-02-2002, 07:43 PM
dude im not riping cars left and right. im just tired of these catz and trust me theres a lot of them where im from with big ass spoilers, 1 hundred stickers, loud exhaust, and racers on 18's:rolleyes:.....come on now car probley dont even have enough torque to pull those shiny chrom rims.

im just saying go ahead with your loud exhaust but be prepared to get laughed at if you dont got the power to back it up.

kidrocket
09-02-2002, 08:32 PM
keep in mind loudest doesnt mean best performing. I wanted a quieter exhaust, but i found a greddy power extreme for 100 bucks so i couldnt pass it up

thewoahna
09-02-2002, 09:51 PM
yeah, but you are not going to get a whole lot from just an exhaust anyway, they are pretty much all similar in power increase

kidrocket
09-02-2002, 11:43 PM
true but there IS a difference between a mugen twinloop and a 6 inch riceboy fartpipe. now those are extremes, but i dont think the purpose of exhausts geared towards power gains is to see how loud they can make it. plus its fucking annoying and thats why imports get made fun of

strodda
09-03-2002, 01:47 AM
well redline, i do agree with you, but you did put it kinda rudely. im not sure if you were refering to me or not. but personally, i didnt get the muffler to "sound" fast, i just got it cause i like how it looks. i wanted one with silencers, but the only ive seen with one are those famous coffee can mufflers, and i dont like'em.

and for all the real racers, why do they insist on fucking with big cars like mine. even before i had the muffler id get revved on at stop lights. and it wasnt ever by another accord, always some tiny hatch or an integra. and i dont have a spoiler or any stickers. i just think its stupid for people to assume that because someone might like the sound of a deep exhaust that we must be an all out racer. revving someone at a light is like starting shit for no reason, i dont need to back up anything. if you come up to me at a light and wanna race, good for you, but i didnt do anything to give you the idea i wanted to. the only thing that you shouldnt do it go revving on people when you have nothing, which im sure nobody does anyways.

strodda
09-03-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Fly Rice Racer
I would love to here what your exhaust sounds like. Thanks so much!
hey sorry for takin so long, ive been out of town for a couple days. ill try to do it tomorrow after work

obiewancoyote
09-03-2002, 03:24 AM
I'd have to agree with redline_civic91, I lived in mesa for quite some time, drove a beater 91 grand am and had just about every 'mesa racer' pull up to me with what sounded like they hacked off their muffler and replaced it with a funnel. A lot of kids think it makes their cars racey. Until they notice their the one in the rear view mirror.

Secondly, those of you that just want a loud ride make it a pain in the ass for some of us to drive our cars. Because to cops are looking for anyone that doesn't sound stock, or that runs through the gears a little too fast for their liking. What you kids do effects all of us. I can't blame you, I grew up with dreams of a muscle car and street drags. But I've come to notice that's not the wisest thing for me to do.

Please think before you do this stuff. Once the cops start noticing you for particular incidences they don't stop gluing themselves to your ass. Law enforcement is big money for some of those cities. They need your 'donations' to keep their efforts going. And what is the use of spending all that money for an exhaust system. You want a loud exhaust system, hack off the muffler and cat. You've got a loud car.

You'll be replaceing your valves more offten but it only cost you 15 - 20 minutes of work. Now you can spend it on that supercharger or baby bottle you've been eyeing. :)

Fly Rice Racer
09-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Jesus christ redline_civic91! I just got the car 3 fucking weeks ago. I need to start somewhere. When I'm done and say that I am ready to do a full run then you can try to judge my car.

I have college, a job, a girlfriend, and new car payments. All of that shit costs a lot. I don't have rich ass parents to pay for all of my shit like you probably do.

I want the exhaust cause I love the sound. It gives me goosebumps to hear that vibration roaring down the street.

I still have these mods planned.....

- Kaminari Ram Air Carbon Fiber Hood

- C Wing GT 2 Carbon Fiber Spoiler

- Angel Eye Prejector Beam Headlights

- Reverse Indiglo Guages

- Autometer Tachometer

- Evo 4 front body piece

- Xenon Rear bumper

- Flip-Flop Trunk Kit

- Turbo Charger

- Tenzo-R Racing Seats(accompanied with a 5 point harness system)

- Full Roll Cage

- Lowering Springs(haven't decided what brand)

- Racing Hart Rims

- Possibly Nitrous if I feel I need it after a couple of races.

After all of that I want an RSX engine swap done!

So when I'm ready to run we can meet up and see how much of my dust your shit will eat.

This is the sad thing about Imports. They are dissing each other when they should be banning together and dissing domestics(LOL). Just kidding domestics (my last car was a Trans Am so I know what its like to have a car that's faster than an import.)

Redline_civic91
09-04-2002, 12:27 PM
looks like a ricer to me with that list of mods 99 % is towards looks, not power. If your gonna start a project why are u starting on the exhaust??????? but whatever you say mr. ricer.

and you race me:D

let me know when you wanna race a crvtec with a 50 shot of nos in a 2,000 lbs. car. i'll met up anywhere u want.

Redline_civic91
09-04-2002, 12:30 PM
looks like a ricer to me with that list of mods 99 % is towards looks, not power. If your gonna start a project why are u starting on the exhaust??????? but whatever you say mr. ricer.

and you race me:D

let me know when you wanna race a crvtec with a 50 shot of nos in a 2,000 lbs. car. i'll met up anywhere u want.

All of that shit costs a lot. I don't have rich ass parents to pay for all of my shit like you probably do.

lol i am 20yrs old out of the house, good job and im helping my parents out, they havn't spent one dime on my civic. thank you.:flipa:

Fly Rice Racer
09-04-2002, 12:47 PM
I'm 20 also. In the same situation as you only I have a newer car EX model not DX you cheap POS.

You are so proud that your parents didn't spend a dime on your DX. That's cause it only cost a nickel! You cheap shit.

And I don't remember asking for your opinion on what you would think of my car when I added exhaust. I just wanted to know where to find a loud exhaust.

Oh yea, i could put a 50 shot of bottle on a 15 pound bike and it would be faster than your car. Keep cheaping out with your nos.

Yes a lot of my mods are towards looks. I don't want a Sleeper. But I'm also not ricing it out by putting stickers on it....especially advertising stuff I don't have.

Since I used to have a Trans Am i didn't need to mod the engine cause it had enough power. I am new to this modding the engine deal. So give me a break. If you didn't have anything supportive to say then go to another forum. :flipa:

Redline_civic91
09-04-2002, 01:45 PM
You are so proud that your parents didn't spend a dime on your DX. That's cause it only cost a nickel! You cheap shit.

watch what forum you say that in cause every other person in this forum have cars like mine and if you dont like them theres a forum for your type of slow car.

btw when its all said and done everything under my hood will be worth more than your whole car. im about half way there already. and if your gonna try to knock me on how my car is a pos. let me tell you this is just a project car im gonna be using on the track in the quarter mile. i do have a daily car its a truck 2000 chevy suburban with cadallac front end conversion.

but anyways i see your new to the import seen. so i encourage you to go to your nearest race track and go see some imports run. i gurantee you will see a lot of pos like mine out there.:D

Fly Rice Racer
09-04-2002, 02:04 PM
I didn't want a fight when I asked this question. I just wanted an answer. I want to modify my car as far as possible while keeping it all street legal. I'm not looking for a track car.

We are both still in the process of working on our cars. So we can settle it when we are finished with them.

I'll race you, not because I think that I can beat you, but because I wanna see how I match up.

In my opinion, If i'm gonna mod a car, then I'm gonna start with a high quality one and do it. I hate seeing these kids get a $2000 dollar car and put the rest of the money adding $20,000 worth of parts. I hate neons now because that's what these people do down here. And act like their ride is so much better.

I say to these people try buying a quality car and then do all that work.

I hope we can put this argument to an end...

:flamer: :badass:

kidrocket
09-04-2002, 03:04 PM
Fly rice i encourage you to go to the real streetraces at some point. You will be surprised by the lack of euro tails, washer nozzle lights and neons. Also, the majority of the cars will be 5 years or older. Racers dont want super loud exhausts, because it draws attention. This scene was started by these cars and thats why theyre still being used.

Mystikal
09-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Heh, this is kinda funny.... you guys don't need to sit here and argue back and forth with each other. You can recommend things to each other to help them.

I do agree that you guys are spending a lot on looks though.. I dropped about 150 into neons (Ebay) ( underbody green, plate frame, and 2 glow tubes).. and will drop about 100 into the tinting (my eyes are bad w/ glare and it reduces heat in summer (I have a black civic).. its not for looks)...

Anyways, as soon as I have the money I'll be putting in a lot of engine mods, including turbo....

Fly Rice Racer
09-04-2002, 04:16 PM
I want Phoenix(my car) to get attention and be fast at the same time. Not necessarily for all out racing but I want it to have more of a kick than the go-kart engine that is in it now.

I'm sure that after I've poured such huge sums of money into my car that I will eventually opt not to race even though it could. It would be too much to lose.

Everyone and their mother has been telling me from day one what I should modify on my car. Because almost everything is gonna eventually be redone I'm gonna modify what I want when I want.

I am still in the stages of making up my mind on a lot of things. Like, I already want to sell my clear euros for Carbon Fiber ones. I now want a carbon fiber and silver scheme.

So I have a long road ahead of me.

strodda
09-04-2002, 05:51 PM
ok, come on everyone. lets just say everyone has different tastes. some people prefer looks since theyre not a racer, and some prefer straight speed cause they are. why do you have to talk shit cause some guys like a nice looking car that might go slower than others. personally since im not a racer, id prefer a nice looking car with just basic mods, rather than having a stock sleeper.

starting arguements just cause you have nos is bullshit. now dont go gettin all hyped up again, im not taking sides. but i think it was unnecessary and rude. if someone wanted to know what kind of cams or something they should get... i wouldnt tell them who cares your car is ugly. cause basically... thats a dick move.

Mystikal
09-04-2002, 05:55 PM
:) Well stated.

Anyways,
I think clear euros look way better on black cars and that getting the carbon fiber ones would be a little smarter =) They look nicer on silver and white.

I've got a black lx 2001 and im going to go for the clears.... already got my neons in today.. they sent me double what i ordered and didnt charge me (vanhorn1.com) hah so I got $125 worth of shit for $40 :)

kidrocket
09-04-2002, 06:06 PM
math is fun 2X40=125:bloated:

Fly Rice Racer
09-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Hey Mystikal, or anyone else out there do you want my clears? I'm gonna get rid of them and get some carbon fibers. I've only had them on for 2 weeks.

I bought them new for $180. I'll let them go for $125 and free shipping.

obiewancoyote
09-06-2002, 02:01 AM
As the old addage goes, "Speed is a question of money. How fast do you really want to go?"

As for the ricer from carolina, may I introduce you to the idea of replacing all of your wiring harnesses with lighter weight alloy based wires at some point. Maybe I'll have some words of advice for you on the subject in a few months. That's one of my idea's for fixing my accord's speed problem. That and a street applicaple supercharger. Depends on how much of my paychecks and spent by my wife.

And redline, is your racing offer valid in the aloha state? At I'm still working on my pet but, maybe it would be a good vacation? :)

--Oh, and contrary to chevy and fords belief, duct tape and super glue are not race applicable. They just weigh your car down

Redline_civic91
09-06-2002, 11:17 AM
if i can somehow find a mod that will make my car tred water all the way to hawaii its on baby!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!