Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Got my strut bar / plugs / wires!

Pages : [1] 2

Vipey1337
09-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Plugs and wires are stuck in the office for the weekend and I don't have a way to get to them until this week. I don't have the tools to install them so I will go home this weekend and have my dad help me out. As far as the strut bar though, that's another story...

What sockets do I need to install my strut bar? It fits perfectly over the bolts but I need to know what size it is so I can borrow a tool from someone to install it this week :)

It looks like it was used tho cause there's chipped paint everywhere :( Oh well I don't really care I guess...

PICS!!!

http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture017aq4.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture014nj7.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture015dw4.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture013hf0.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture016mc0.jpg

puuuurty :) Little more vibrant blue than my silicone couplers to my CAI, but still matches very nice :)

xeroinfinity
09-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Nice bar!
You got it awfully quick :grinyes:

The strut tower nuts/bolts are 1/2".

The Paint might hav been chiped during shipment.
When I ordered mine it looked a little rough too,
I just put the chiped side facing down :D

Vipey1337
09-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Nice bar!
You got it awfully quick :grinyes:

The strut tower nuts/bolts are 1/2".

The Paint might hav been chiped during shipment.
When I ordered mine it looked a little rough too,
I just put the chiped side facing down :D

Thanks a million :D As soon as I finish watching the Colts annihilate the Texans I will go try to steal someone's socket wrench and install it :smokin:

Jmoney3318
09-17-2006, 11:44 AM
strut looks good bro , and xeros right u got them things fast as hell lol you were talkin about them like 4 days ago lol and u get em now but yea bro looks good, when its installed get sum more pics of it :smokin:

xeroinfinity
09-17-2006, 12:04 PM
I totaly forgot about the Colt vs Texas, I think the colts hav won every game against Texas. The colts are Good through the first 1/2-3/4 of the season.
Then towards the end of the season, every ones so busted up from all the other games they start to get a weak defense, and thier passing plays get caught onto :D
..... so pridictable :shakehead

Must hav rushed that order or something.

I'll try and get some pics of mine today too.

Vipey1337
09-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm still waiting for the camber kits and the springs to even be charged... I don't know what the hell is going on but I want those before winter so I can play around with my better handling damnit!!! :P

xeroinfinity
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM
i think you hav plenty of time to get them installed by winter, I'd hope :/

Colts won woo hoo !! :D

Didnt see it all tho.

Vipey1337
09-17-2006, 09:36 PM
parents went to the game... they were trashed last night in preparation lol... im sure they had a wonderful time when they actually had to wake up and go to the game...

hope they are home safe now :P

xeroinfinity
09-18-2006, 07:17 AM
parents went to the game... they were trashed last night in preparation lol... im sure they had a wonderful time when they actually had to wake up and go to the game...

hope they are home safe now :P

:rofl:

Parents :lol:

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 10:14 AM
K got my wires and plugs... a little hesitant to install them myself because I dont want to accidentally get dirt in my engine and have no way to figure out what to do. May still do it tho before this weekend but I dunno :P Pics of the wires and everything coming up when I get them installed :)

xeroinfinity
09-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Dirt in your engine?
Where the heck hav you been driving :lol:

The front three plugs are a breaxe.
But those back ones are kinda tricky.
For one thiers no room and,
two you cant see what youre doing. :shakehead

If you do them do it with the engine cold.
Takes a 5/8 sparkplug socket, probly a 3" extention and ratchet.
Look at it this way(if you bought Iridiums) they wont need changed for 40-50k miles, maybe more! :D

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Look at it this way(if you bought Iridiums) they wont need changed for 40-50k miles, maybe more! :D

That's good because my car has gone 168,500 miles and Im still using my original spark plugs LOL... I'm expecting my engine to run a LOT nicer...

xeroinfinity
09-18-2006, 02:55 PM
I'd almost bet the plugs in your can now are Iridiums.
Other wise they wouldnt hav lasted that long.

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I'd almost bet the plugs in your can now are Iridiums.
Other wise they wouldnt hav lasted that long.

My engine certainly behaves like shit right now... it doesnt uniformly accelerate very well. My guess is the plugs, but I added some injector cleaner a couple weeks ago and that seemed to help a bit I think. I'm hoping these new plugs and wires really let it come alive :)

BTW... called suspensionmax about my springs... turns out they STOPPED CARRYING SPRINT SPRINGS 3 WEEKS AGO!!! AND THEY NEVER TOLD ME THIS AT ALL... so I said... ok why is it still on your site... and they are like "they're working on it" and I'm like "well how long does it take to delete a line of HTML" ... but yeah, anyway, so now I have to go search for new springs. That means spending more money. My dad offered to be nice and pay for half because he felt bad I guess, so I'll look for better ones now :D

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
ah... um... will I need to get replacement bearing plates for my new struts?

And if I get Eibach springs... why the hell are they 1.3" drop in the back and 1.2" drop in the front?! That doesn't make any sense...

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
btw I'm going to wait on the springs I decided... I'd like to see how my car goes through the winter first before i make any very expensive changes. Plus I somehow strongly doubt that it's only going to cost $200 to install... I'm going to wait a bit on it and just stick with my plugs/wires/struts/strut bar for now :)

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
and I'm never ordering from andysautosport.com again. They just fed me the biggest bullshit ever and I'm pissed.

xeroinfinity
09-18-2006, 09:53 PM
suspensionmax was damn cheap tho!
Most sites like that dont get updated because they just pay some Joe Geek to set up thier sites and then no one ever knows how to change it with out J.Geek in the house :lol:

You do run into that crap tho on the net. I usually try and get a # to call and check part statis before I order.

If you get any Get Eibach they are #1 for Pontiacs.
The diferance keeps the car balanced and looking a bit jacked up in the rear. GAs do actually sit a bit higher in the back anyway, if you didnt notice.

I'd charge about $300-400 to install springs and struts all around. Just alot of BS to deal with :shakehead

So what happened with andysmotorsport??

Gir-_-
09-18-2006, 09:55 PM
they stole his fruit loops, id be pissed too

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 09:56 PM
So what happened with andysmotorsport??
Long story... I have a LOT of homework to do this week and I'm exhausted from a very heavy Swing dance practice :P I wonder what we're learning tomorrow :D

EDIT: If you're prone to offense from swear words, don't read my semi-disgruntled post below.

But yeah they were being fags and trying to convince me I needed camber kits when I wasn't ordering springs anymore... something about how my springs can randomly go out of alignment??? I finally said I'm not touching my car so I don't need them anymore... I'll explain in detail later if I find time. It's really quite a fucking stupid situation and they're going to get fucked over because of it because I called my credit card company and reversed the charges on their asses for pulling the shit they did.

xeroinfinity
09-18-2006, 10:30 PM
ya some people just need a good :chair: :greddy2: :slap: :nutkick: :twak: :bricks1::slap: :D

I was thinking on ordering some white face gauges from them but I dont know now, you might hav changed my mind .

Vipey1337
09-18-2006, 10:51 PM
ya some people just need a good :chair: :greddy2: :slap: :nutkick: :twak: :bricks1::slap: :D

I was thinking on ordering some white face gauges from them but I dont know now, you might hav changed my mind .

Only order if you dont care about waiting 2 or 3 weeks for an in-stock item to ship (while paying the same cost you could 2nd day air from someplace else) and don't ever plan on canceling.

Jmoney3318
09-19-2006, 07:40 AM
damn vipey wut are u loaded on cash or some shit but yea i heard shit bout andysautogay and Xero lmao that message is totally awesome you still keep your spot on my top 5 heros ....hahah such a kewl kid

xeroinfinity
09-19-2006, 10:10 AM
....hahah such a kewl kid

:confused: who was you refering to here...?
:lol: I wouldnt say Me, cause I hav Kids older then you :D

Jmoney3318
09-19-2006, 12:20 PM
well shit xero i feel like an idiot, wut else is new but, i was infact refering to you:banghead:

Jmoney3318
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
yo Vipey i totally forgot to ask do you feel any difference in driving turning and all that stuff with the new Strut in place ?

xeroinfinity
09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
well shit xero i feel like an idiot, wut else is new but, i was infact refering to you

:lol: Thats ok, you can feel any way you like :D
I hav 6 kids actually :eek7:
My oldest daughters turn 20 next month :yikes: :eek:

Vipey1337
09-19-2006, 02:33 PM
:lol: Thats ok, you can feel any way you like :D
I hav 6 kids actually :eek7:
My oldest daughters turn 20 next month :yikes: :eek:

Your daughters are almost as old as me... I had no idea you were that old :iceslolan

I haven't got the bar on yet cuz I don't have the tools (you heard it right: I don't even have a socket wrench! I will when I go home this weekend tho :lol:). I will install the plugs/wires/bar this weekend and get my struts done sometime next week I think. Holding off on the springs for a while if not forever. Thinking about maybe making my GA an autocross car (you heard it right!) and buying a talon for winters and straight-line fun (plus I <3 manual transmission... I'd get an impreza STi if I could afford it :p)

Jmoney3318
09-19-2006, 03:06 PM
bro u gotta improvise like i used to before i had tools and stuff twist them damn nuts or bolts or watever the hell it is ur gettin off with a screw drive just clamp the bitches and twist, if it aint budging use your buddy WD-40 spray it and twist and ur good to go

xeroinfinity
09-19-2006, 05:30 PM
that made no cense at all :confused:

Though will we were on the topic of mods, kinda.
I made this Plate mod a while back, pretty cool tho.

Plate Mod Off (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/xeroinfinity/AUTOMOBILES/platemodoff.jpg)

Plate Mod On (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/xeroinfinity/AUTOMOBILES/platemodon.jpg)
Need to get it on the SE, but thier goes the sleeper look :)

Vipey1337
09-19-2006, 07:40 PM
:P

will i need new plate bearings?

xeroinfinity
09-19-2006, 10:08 PM
:sorry: Vipey I forgot you asked.
No, you should not need them unless yours are bad.

:feedback: Though will we were on the topic of mods, kinda.
I made this Plate mod a while back, pretty cool tho.

Plate Mod Off

Plate Mod On
Need to get it on the SE, but thier goes the sleeper look

:feedback:

Jmoney3318
09-20-2006, 07:25 AM
i think the bumper thing looks pretty sick xero hows you do it? put single Leds behind it or just a straight neon bar

xeroinfinity
09-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Thankx Jmoney!

After I drilled and cut out the Pontiac logo, I filled it with Hot glue. Then I put several LEDs inside the hot glue so it would light up evenly.
The hardest part was cuting out that plastic :bloated:

Jmoney3318
09-20-2006, 03:44 PM
now that i think about it Xero if i sent u some money and my front license thing would u make me one with white neons ?

xeroinfinity
09-20-2006, 06:17 PM
now that i think about it Xero if i sent u some money and my front license thing would u make me one with white neons ?

I'll think about it.
It took me 3-4 months !!
It would tear chunks of my skin off when ever I was using the exacto knife :shakehead
My better half asked me, "didnt you feel the skin ripping off !?".
I didnt even know till I washed my hands :eek7:
That smarted ! :yikes:

I only used the dremil tool to get the big stuff out of the way, then the knife to trim and trim and trim .

What color is your GA, :uhoh: I forget ....

Vipey1337
09-20-2006, 09:39 PM
fuckin awesome dude :)

Jmoney3318
09-21-2006, 08:42 AM
that like dark brown shit lol i forgot wut its called, bronze , pewter shit i dunno, but if u could do it i would like white LEDs behind it shit would beee tiiigghhttt

xeroinfinity
09-21-2006, 08:54 AM
I guess I could hav looked at your cardomain :banghead:

Jmoney3318
09-21-2006, 08:58 AM
:grinyes: lol that could of helped too lol

xeroinfinity
09-22-2006, 11:17 PM
took this small pic with a phone tonight.
I painted most of the strutbar to match everything else :P

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/xeroinfinity/AUTOMOBILES/SE91906.jpg

You get yours on Vipey ???

I think I'm going down to W Lafayette saturday or sunday.
Need to go to the Purdue store and pic up some new hats and sweatshirts. Probly hit the record store acrossed the street. They always hav kickass Music DVDs you cant find in other A/V outlets.

Gir-_-
09-23-2006, 12:54 PM
hey, jmoney... what kinda exhaust setup do you have going? .. I love the sound clip on your cardomain =o

Vipey1337
09-23-2006, 01:53 PM
LOL we just took off the first plug and the stock wire broke! :uhoh: Thank god I bought new wires :) The plugs look like shit too, so it's a damn good thing we got new ones...

Very important question: What is the spark plug gap needed for my car? Need to know ASAP. Thx :)

EDIT: We're thinking it's somewhere between .058 and .06...

Vipey1337
09-23-2006, 02:37 PM
dropped a plug... we can touch it with our fingers but the god damn alternator is in the way... have to take things apart to finish the job :( I'll get pics when we're done though :)

xeroinfinity
09-23-2006, 04:10 PM
.60 on that gap.

Lol ! thiers all sorts of room back thier :lol2:

one word for droped plugs in that hole, MAGNETS !!!

Vipey1337
09-23-2006, 05:20 PM
VICTORY!!! Strut bar and wires and plugs all in... my car has literally NEVER run this smooth, even the day I got it. It idles smoother with the AC on than it did before with nothing going... so beautiful. When my dad and I took it out for a test drive we noticed a horrible noise tho... turns out the strut bar was against the alternator when I accelerated, so it really ripped up the strut bar in that area. I had to rotate it 45 degrees. Can't see the "Vibrant" logo now, but it should work. About to take it for a final test drive. YAY!!! :) Pics will be up when I have time, but I didnt expect this to take so long... and I have a shitload of homework and a Colts game tomorrow to watch and dance practice, soo...

Stay tuned :iceslolan

Jmoney3318
09-24-2006, 10:48 AM
pics, pics, pics!!

xeroinfinity
09-24-2006, 11:02 AM
:useless:

that pic of my strut bar sucks :puke: damn cell phones :banghead:

Hey Vipey that blows ! I didnt even think of that hiting, but I hav seen them hit the brakefluid resivour :eek:

Mine is a round bar instead of square like yours.
Repainted mine yello :D

Haha !
I was in W Lafayette(purdue area) yestarday eveing.
Freakin security pulled me over for excessive take off or loud exhaust, whatever they were selling :lol:

They couldnt do anything other than harrass us , i guess they could hav called 5.0 :rolleyes:
As I left I done the WOT down the strip tires screaming exhaust yelling, had everyone around looking at us like,
" was that coming from that Grand Am? " :lol2:
The sleeper :)

Vipey1337
09-24-2006, 03:37 PM
HAHA you should drop by sometime... I'd love to see a grand am wreak havoc on cars on campus :P

Pics coming soon, academic schedule not allowing me much free time :) Just checking the board real fast :)

I WILL get some up eventually tho... just takes a while and I don;t have a while to use on pics

xeroinfinity
09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
I did post it the other day saying I would probly be down that way....
If you were outside on campus you'd hav heard me :D

Oh but you didnt miss that Colts game :lol: Jk !

they did kick some butt :)~

Vipey1337
09-24-2006, 09:21 PM
I wasn't on campus... I went home to put my plugs/wires/strut bar in my car :D Figures!!!

And I know I've already said it once... but omfg does that strut bar make a difference! And the engine runs SO much better with the new plugs!

Fun whipping around corners faster than my dad's G6 GT :D

I missed the part where you said you were coming here for some reason... found it now but missed it or was busy at the time and scanned through the posts too fast! Oops :( Engine looks awesome though :) Next time you're heading down this way let me know.

Oh, and I'm trying to upload my pics right now :) Not all of them tho because I have to go to bed if I plan on surviving the week :)

All I gotta say is... thank god I got wires AND plugs, because I had one wire AND one plug break on me while installing. You'll see the broken plug... it literally came out like that!!! Def. were at the end of their lives :D

Vipey1337
09-24-2006, 09:59 PM
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/486822/5

PICS UP! Very pretty :)

Jmoney3318
09-25-2006, 08:45 AM
looks real good bro keep up the good work :bigthumb:

xeroinfinity
09-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Next time I'm heading that way I'll pm you or something :bigthumb:

Haha ! I even posted how to get that plug u droped out, magnets !

Looks good tho !
The wires match up with the strutbar pretty well too.
Looks like you had to do a little work to get those speakers in back. I just drilled new hole(s) and mounted mine from underneath, quick and wood free :lol:

So what mods are next ?? :D

xeroinfinity
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Ok what the hell is this (http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=000000&image=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/486000-486999/486822_60_full.jpg)? :lol2:

Jmoney3318
09-25-2006, 09:23 AM
lmao looks like alien vs predator 2 in the mists of the jungle but what they didnt know is its the burial ground of jurrasic park which leads into los angeles and they run into like 4 million terminators and get ambushed by robo cop therefore leaving me confused

Vipey1337
09-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Something I found a long time ago and thought was cool so I put it on there :D

What's next... getting struts done this week. Going to call a Pontiac dealership and ask how much bearing plates are, and if I don't need them if they will buy them back for me or let me return them. I'm praying I don't need them because I don't want to spend a bajillion dollars, but I'm also not going to go have my suspension ripped apart on a lift only to discover I need new parts. That would probably spike the cost of installation a ton :crying:

I'll figure something out :)

And I'm totally trying to decide if I want new tires next (ones you got xero), lowering springs, or if I want to buy a new car and have two cars to play with, one AWD for winters and for hard launches, and one (my beloved GA) for the "sleeper" when I just want to surprise people :tongue:

xeroinfinity
09-25-2006, 10:25 AM
It looked like a scarry pic with all those critters :lol:

Sounds like you hav money burning a hole in your pocket Vipey :D
IMO Good tires for winter are more important than lower springs :) To low and you'll be plowing the roads this winter :lol:

You guys need to check the off topic thread !!!!!!

Gir posted some you tube vids of GAs racing....
Pretty lame racers , but the vids are great.

you guys like my new avitar?
I hate imports :grinyes:

Vipey1337
09-25-2006, 10:33 AM
LOL!! Nice avatar :)

Does anyone happen to know where I can find front bearing plates so I can put my KYB struts on? I'd only need fronts probably, and the local dealership is asking $125 each. That's a ridiculous sum of money!

xeroinfinity
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
what make you think yoiu need those plates anyway?????

You HAVE to see this idiot gets hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPmO712NgU&mode=related&search=)

Add your comment to this topic!