What is the Max HP/Torque that my 2001 Z3 3.0 auto transmission can handle?

LIONS*LEADER
09-15-2006, 06:13 AM
so ive been looking into performance improvements for my 2001 Z3 3.0 roadster. it has the performance package and all, you know larger tires, maybe better suspension, i dunno my dad bought it and got whatever package they offered in terms of performance.

i came across this supercharger
http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/turbo_superchargers/vf_engineering/vf_enginnering_supercharger_for_e37_z3_2.8_3.0.htm

and it says ill basicly be making 330HP as opposed to 225HP, now i know thats a pretty huge jump and im wondering if its going to be too much.

where can i go to find out what the most my automatic transmission can handle?

also im sure there must be some other issues with gaining ~40% in HP, what else should i look into?

and if your answer is that you already know what the capability of the transmission/other parts are, and thats too much HP. then what would be more reasonable?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ive been looking for a new car, and was basicly dead set on waiting for the 260/260 saturn sky redline to come out, but just recently found out that it doesnt have a manual shift mode, so i dont want it. i really enjoy being able to manually shift without bothering with the clutch on a day to day basis, and being able to switch to automatic when im bored, need a free hand, or am in traffic.

Add your comment to this topic!