Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine swap? What fits in a 95 LeSabre Custom?

narcisis420
09-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey fellas, I was wondering if anyone knew of an engine that would fit in a 95 LeSabre custom? I'm already planning on changing the tranny, it's got a good 150k on it and I dont need to be unexpectedly on the side of road anytime soon. But anyway, I was trying to find a good powerful engine for it, that stock 170hp just doesn't cut it.

Any help appreciated.

m_kovar
09-12-2006, 07:53 PM
i think a 4.9 northstar will fit in it. my dad and i just put a 3.8 buick motor in his 1981 chevy citation and his friend has a citation with a northstar motor in it. and the citations are a lot smaller than buicks.

narcisis420
09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
i think a 4.9 northstar will fit in it. my dad and i just put a 3.8 buick motor in his 1981 chevy citation and his friend has a citation with a northstar motor in it. and the citations are a lot smaller than buicks.

Ah.. nice. I've never done an engine swap before, whats the limitations to this? What should I make sure of before even looking at another engine? Physical size? Does any engine hook up to any tranny? I'm kinda clueless in this department so any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks! :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!