Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Building 4g63t MR festiva

SvtDan2003
09-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey guys im building a mid engined dsm powered festiva using an 88 fiero front sub frame this project was heavaly inspired by the original SHOguns but we are taking a different approach at it.(a few sho powered coppies have alredy been made.) The rear of the car is near compleation (finaly!) and we have acuired our front end and are begining fabrication of the front. just had a few questions for you fiero guys if you could help us out.
1. with the stock springs how far does the suspention travel from its normal ride height when the car is jacked up? perhaps measured at the top of the wheel vs the top of the fender?

2.The sub frame came from an 88 formula v6 does this have the quicker or slower ratio steering offered for 88? number of turns lock to lock?

3.does anyone manufacture a ride height adjustable coil spring setup for this suspention?

SvtDan2003
09-11-2006, 09:29 PM
sorry for posting two thereads got confused?

RandomTask
09-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey guys im building a mid engined dsm powered festiva using an 88 fiero front sub frame this project was heavaly inspired by the original SHOguns but we are taking a different approach at it.(a few sho powered coppies have alredy been made.) The rear of the car is near compleation (finaly!) and we have acuired our front end and are begining fabrication of the front. just had a few questions for you fiero guys if you could help us out.
1. with the stock springs how far does the suspention travel from its normal ride height when the car is jacked up? perhaps measured at the top of the wheel vs the top of the fender?

2.The sub frame came from an 88 formula v6 does this have the quicker or slower ratio steering offered for 88? number of turns lock to lock?

3.does anyone manufacture a ride height adjustable coil spring setup for this suspention?

1.) I would believe, around 4 inches.

2. ) Would not know, I can check on my '86 GT if you'd like

3.) www.heldmotorsports.com

SvtDan2003
09-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the info i appriciate it
I had heard that the 88 had 2 steering ratios and they where diferent from the 84-87s options,not sure if this is true

Add your comment to this topic!