Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GrandPrix 3.4 94/ Starter wouldn't turn over just clicks hellp !!!

kirilminev
09-11-2006, 04:48 PM
My grandprix 94 with dohc 3.4 refused to start. The starter just makes a click noise, but it will not crank the engine. Does anyone know if thet could some cabling realted problem or is my starter for replacement. I will really appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

fastGTP01
09-11-2006, 04:57 PM
dead battery

Thorn71
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
probably is a battery. Could be loose cable at starter or battery. hopefully not a solenoid if it is you might as well just change the starter as a unit.

kirilminev
09-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys all try that and let you know how it went, so we can close the case. Thank you.

gordgreen
09-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I have the same issue with my 92 GTP, 3.4L, New Altenator, new battery,
I get a single click on occasion, but it has always started after a few tries, I assumed the starter needed replaced. Haven't got underneath to check wires. How hard is it to replace the starter, the altenator took the dealer 8 hours.

BNaylor
09-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I have the same issue with my 92 GTP, 3.4L, New Altenator, new battery,
I get a single click on occasion, but it has always started after a few tries, I assumed the starter needed replaced. Haven't got underneath to check wires. How hard is it to replace the starter, the altenator took the dealer 8 hours.

Welcome to AF.

Sorry but please check the date and do not resurrect old threads. This one is a year old. Thread closed.

Best thing to do is start a new post concerning your issue and questions.

Add your comment to this topic!