Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trapped water in the dash board area? or somewhere in that area??

rexie
09-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Hi Guys,
Help please. I got a Holden VT Berlina 98 model car. I am now really annoyed that whenever I start the engine, I am hearing from the inside of the car what seems like a gurgling water from the dash board area. And when I pump the gas pedal, I can hear the water gushing. I just don't know where to locate it. Water probably went in the grills between the winshield and bonnet. I am pretty sure, the gurgling can may be cause by moving parts. But note that I can only hear this only at start up. I am just worried that sometime I suddenly discover that my car body is all rust up. That is why I am desperate to find where it is coming from. Please help me to discuss this as I keep on observing what is causing this problem (I've already checking if the drain holes are clogged, but I think not).

Thanks in advance guys.

Regards

aussieidiot
09-13-2006, 03:32 AM
are you sure its not the heater system. turn your heater off and switch to cold and see what happens.

when your heater is on, the cooling system from the motor diverts the "hot" water from the motor into the cabin before it returns to the radiator.

check your coolant levels too.

mmcleo11
09-17-2006, 12:36 AM
^^ Agreed. Sounds like you have an air pocket in your heater core inside the car. The water pump is spinning faster when you rev your engine, amking it gush/gurgle. Check your radiator coolant levels when the engine is cold and also make sure it is checked when your heater is in the ON position, which opens the valve and lets air pockets out.

Take it to a mechanic for a brief diagnosis

rexie
09-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi aussieidiot and mmcleo11,

Thanks for the feedbacks. Apologies for replying later, but I will check the coolant first in the radiator. I hope it will fix the problem and then I will post a message what happened.

Regards and thanks,
rxie

Add your comment to this topic!