Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Riviera s/c Female Needs Help BAD

Alene
09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I really need help! This morning early I backed out of the drive-way and turned on the windshield wipers and they wouldn't come on, I started to go anyway and it felt like it was struggling to go forward. I backed up just fine, pulled back in the drive, wiped off the windshield and tried again, No wipers and would barely go forward. pulled back in drive and went to turn the key off and it won't turn. The key is stuck also the break light is on and the ABS light. After about 30 min my neighbor came out and managed to turn the key and turn the car off. I waited to try again when he got home from work just in case. It started up just fine sounded great and then just died I tried several times same thing. Neighbor tried same thing then he messed with the key and got it to keep running he backed it out of the drive and the same thing it will back up fine but barely go forward. The ABS light is still on, funny thing about that is it was disconnected (I was told) about 4 years ago and has not come on since. Could this be electrical? If it was the transmission why the key problem and the brake light? Or is there even a connection or just 2 problems. Need some insight before towing it to a mechanic. Had to have the super charger replaced about 5 years ago and they charged me 5000.00 and I am alittle gun-shy. Any help appreciated
Thanks,
Alene

bmwgolfguy
09-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Sounds to me your catalytic conveter may have died and cars generally don't run if that is the case.

96riviera18
09-10-2006, 06:31 PM
is there a check engine light on?

Alene
09-11-2006, 11:22 AM
The check engine light had come on a couple of times in the last couple of weeks but did not stay on so I had made appointment to have serviced but this happened before the appoint.

96riviera18
09-11-2006, 06:33 PM
repost your question and as much details as possible on the regalgs.org riviera forum, its a more active forum

Bassasasin
10-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Check the battery cables and connections.. Or the ignition key switch is worn.
Fourtunately its not the supercharger.

Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!