Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cooling fan not working in 95 sunfire

Xalis
09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
My cooling fan will not come on when my car gets hot in my 95 sunfire. The fan will turn on if I jump it at the relay. So it cant be the fan, and cant be the power to the relay. Also if i take the cover off the relay and close the circuit manually the fan will also run. So im guessing what ever makes the relay complete the circuit is damaged. Im gonna read into relays a bit more but does anyone have any idea what I can do?

Xalis
09-11-2006, 03:07 PM
help anyone?

my99cavy
09-11-2006, 03:11 PM
sounds like a bad relay to me try replacing it.

millrtime
09-11-2006, 08:28 PM
could be a bad thermostat also. cavs/sunfires are notorious for having shitty thermostats. and if its not that, then i would check the relay. good luck, sounds like a lot of fun........

Xalis
09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Its not the relay, ive tried several different ones, and its not the thermostat because i just replaced it.

highhopesforcars
09-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a bad temperature switch to me its usally on the head near the water outleat to the radiator. I have see nthat a lot lately. Find it and unplug it the fan should come on. If it dose then the switch is bad. the car will co in to open loop and cause the fan to stay to protect its self. The key has to be in the on position though.

Xalis
09-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a bad temperature switch to me its usally on the head near the water outleat to the radiator. I have see nthat a lot lately. Find it and unplug it the fan should come on. If it dose then the switch is bad. the car will co in to open loop and cause the fan to stay to protect its self. The key has to be in the on position though.

Thanks a bunch. ill do that

Add your comment to this topic!