Can someone tell me what these spoked wheels are!

09-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi, I would like to know what kind of wheels these are on the front of this t-bucket. Go to this link and look at the first single t-bucket pic "Moonkist" Thanks! Kevin

08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Those are spindle-mount alloy spoke wheels, typically used on the front axles of dragsters and gassers in the 1960's and vintage drags today. Note that there are no lug nuts (and no front brakes, for that matter!). These wheels slide over the axle end and spin freely, kind of like the wheels on a baby carriage or Radio Flyer wagon.

Most of these were manufactured by Halibrand and American Racing Equipment, as I recall.

Add your comment to this topic!