Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Making Gt3 Your Bitch!

¤ÅzÑ_SüÞÊR§PØrT
08-25-2001, 01:38 PM
POST YOUR STRATEGIES HERE!

¤ÅzÑ_SüÞÊR§PØrT
08-25-2001, 01:46 PM
The Rally Strategy works great[thx Inferno!:)] but I suggest this as a starter before getting into the Rally Strategy. The first car you should get is the Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex for only $13,550. supe it up a bit and race the Sunday and Clubman cups and supe it up some more, when u finish most of the Beginner races it's qualified for, u should have enuf $$$ to buy a Lancer Evo VI. Race it in everything it's eligible for and supe it up to the max (around 540hp). Along the way you'll win a Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32). Race until you can supe that up to the max (around 883hp). Buy red rims for it and you'll be able to buy dirt tires for it. With this crazy 883hp "rally car" you'll kick all your competition's a$$es in the Rally Strategy. Sell all the cars you win and you'll be rich! If you've spent all the cash you win in suping up your cars, here's another trick, race the Euro Champ in the Amateur league and make sure you get 1rst on the first 7 races. Save the game and then start the 8th race and quit out of it. You'll get the bonus $$$ and the prize car, if you get the Gillet Vertigo Race Car, you can sell it for another $300,000. This way you can net about $1,000,000 every 20 min! If you dont get the vertigo racer, just restart your PS2 and quit out of the 8th race repeatedly till u get it. After you beat all the rally races like Inferno suggested, you'll win the Escudo Pikes Peak Version. Take this car and max it out if you like and take it to the Super Speedway Enduro. Get some scotch tape ready. Start the race and tape the accelerator (X button) down as firmly as possible. Then tape the analog joystick ever so slightly to the right. Put your controller on a cushion so the vibrations don't make the tape come off. Watch something else on your TV or do something else for about an hour and 10 min. Come back and $200,000 and a Corvette C5R or Tickford Falcon XR8 Race Car or Clio Sport Race Car or F090/S F1 car will be waiting for you. Any of these cars make great racers or great $$$ if you decide to sell them!
{Now you may be wondering what the Rally Strategy is, well it's simple, beat the wet tracks, and then beat all the other rallies, you'll end up with $2,500,000 in prize money if you sell all the cars you win and keep only a few.}

VicenteFox
08-25-2001, 02:55 PM
F1 Cars = taking almost every turn at full speed

Morpheus XIII
09-03-2001, 08:19 AM
I find the best startup plan for GT3 is to NOT buy any car in the beginning. First get all golds in the B license class and you will get a Miata (a decent car). If you can't hang with a stock car, go ahead and get a ROM & exhaust, but don't spend too much money (I can seem to get through several 'beginners' stages with a stock Miata pretty easily). After this you should have enough money to get any decent turbo-upgradeable japanese car, capable of reaching 500-1000 hp. There are a million different paths you can take, and I chose to go for a Skyline GT-R Vspec II, as ¤ÅzÑ_SüÞÊR§PØrT mentioned, but this car tops out at 1000 hp, not 883 hp. Down the line, if you want to whip all the races, the Mazda 787, the Escudo, and F1 cars are scary fast, but it all depends on your own tastes.

As for making fast money, I can't seem to find anything better than Amateur - Euro league, but note this: there are only FIVE races, not EIGHT total, but it will take an HOUR, not twenty minutes to net 1,000,000 (each race averages 5 mins x 5 races = 25 mins in which you will earn around a little under 400,000 (sold Vertigo, plus winnings). So it's about 1,000,000cr per 1 hour. Too bad. Another note: If you really care about your status percentage for winnings, you shouldn't do this since consistent leaving of the 5th race will automatically get you a LOSS. The only solution for this is to actually finish and win the 5th race.

If you are the type who doesn't mind leaving their PS2 on and unattended for extended periods of time, then the previously mentioned endurance trick is a good way to go. However, I'd like to mention a few ways to make it MUCH simpler. First, DO max out the Escudo with the limited performance upgrades, as it will save you time in the long run. Then enter the race, go to the option menu and turn off the vibrating feature (if you haven't done so by this point, set the transmission to AT). Still in the option menu, set the controls so that the accelerator and brakes are the 'up and down' or 'left and right' of the secondary analog joystick on the Dualshock2 controller. Next go to car settings and use the super-slick tires for tire longetivity, and use the default setting 5 for the TCS. Now for the controller: Instead of using tape, get 2 rubber bands (besure they are around 2 inches in diameter) and start the race. Once started, pause the game and hook one rubberband on the accel/brake joystick and wrap the other end around the right side of the controller (either on the L1/L2 chunk of plastic, or on the vibrating pod handle, depending on whether you chose up/down or left/right). As for the steering joystick rubberband, wrap and tie one end of the rubberband onto the controller's cord where the cord meets the plastic, and hook the other end of the rubberband around the joystick. This should automatically pull the stick slightly to the right, which is VERY important for keeping the car riding on the outer wall, rather than bouncing to the inside track and either ending up in the pitlane, or spinning out while you are not there. After setting the rubberbands, resume the game and gently correct the steering stick to find a good point where the car is constantly aiming to the right, but not too much where it could just eat the wall and spin out. Now you're set. If you are using a fully tuned Escudo, the race should be over in an hour or less. Oh by the way, the ClioSport racecar doesnt get you much money, so be prepared to be pissed if you end up winning that car.

Mclaren F1
09-17-2001, 12:11 AM
F1 cars are Cheap Bastards.......LOL but i still love em!!!!!! they made for handling and acceleration aaaaannnd Top Speed too! LOL

Moppie
09-29-2001, 11:30 PM
Well im glad im not the only one who thought of the escudo enduro trick. Iv won 3 bloody f1 cars doing that. Did you know the Polophony F1 has at least 2 diffrent colour schemes.
All I want is the silly Falcon.

Morpheus XIII
10-02-2001, 01:52 AM
Man! The Falcons are ALL I get! I need more F1 cars to add to my collection. So far the colors I've heard of are blue, black, and maroon for the F090/S... are there others?

Moppie
10-03-2001, 12:08 AM
Iv got a black and white one, a maroon and white one, and green and yellow one. (lotus colours) But i havnt seen a blue one? (iv got the green twice)

I got the coon, and I got the C5, now I need the Clio to make the set. :D

slyguy
05-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Man! The Falcons are ALL I get! I need more F1 cars to add to my collection. So far the colors I've heard of are blue, black, and maroon for the F090/S... are there others?I've gotten a pink one b4, but I sold it cause I already had 7 F090/S's. I just kept gettin the damn things! every race I would win one. well, its an easy way to get a lot of $$$$$.

Add your comment to this topic!