Squeak from brake pedal

JTrujillo86
09-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Lately I've been noticing a squeak from the brake pedal when applied. It's coming from the pedal itself, not the brakes on the rotors. I was just curious if there was a place under the dash/pedal where I can squirt WD-40 to quiet it down. If not that, does anyone else have any suggestions? I'm getting ready to take a short trip, but the pedal squeak is EXTREMELY irritating :screwy:

Other than this, the Silver Bullet is doing great!

- Jeremy

BNaylor
09-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I would not use WD40 but some silicone based aerosol lubricant.

If you remove the driver's side kick panel you'll see the area of the brake pedal mechanism. The squeaking is probably coming from the brake pedal shaft that goes into the power brake booster. Spray the lube in that area.

Between the squeaky brake pedal and door hinges it will test your patience. Very annoying.

JTrujillo86
09-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey thanks for the pointer. I'll try that today as soon as I get home from class.

Yeah, what is up with the door hinges? I've tried spraying white lithium grease and WD-40 in them and NOTHING seems to change. I'm pretty much ready to turn my car into a Jeep by ripping off the doors. At least then I won't have to hear the squeaks.

- Jeremy

"My car has a case of the squeaks!"

Add your comment to this topic!