Page updated on 06-23-2018

70 charger disc brakes conversion?
09-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I have a friend that is rebuilding a 70 and wants to disc brake it, is there a 70's model mopar that the spindles out will interchange like GM or do you have to find an aftermarket kit? He is also looking for a complete grille and bezel assembly. Any help would be very much appreciated

10-04-2006, 11:36 PM
This was in my other post. I asked the same thing under the 318 to 440 swap.

Spindle that comes from any intermediate size Chrysler product that has disc brakes built during most of the 70's. Once you have the spindles the disc brake parts attach to it. Some of the intermediate models are Challenger, Roadrunner, Satellite, Charger, Superbee, Cuda R/T. Barracudas are not intermediate.

Basicaly, any midsized made later in the 70's. Mopar that is. I need to do the same with my 71 Charger.

01-24-2007, 12:28 PM
This is a controvertial topic because some claim that certain 70s mopar will cause "bump steer". The safest conversion (IMO) is spindles from a 73 to 76 A body. Scamp, Dart etc... I did this conversion to my 70 Charger RT. I used 75 Scamp spindles.

Add your comment to this topic!