Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A Camber Confusion!!!

thebobs
08-28-2002, 03:28 AM
i just got a 98 prelude SH. its lowered about 2 inches, and i just had the alignment checked. Apparently the tires are out 3 degrees, and the mechanics recommended a camber kit. What am I looking to spend and is the work worth it? Also, does intake/headers/exhaust improve gas mileage?

thebobs
08-28-2002, 04:52 AM
hah well this should be in the suspension section shouldnt it:zx11pisse

higgimonster
08-28-2002, 10:17 AM
intake/headers/exhaust allow more air to freely flow into and out of your engine. this extra air will inturn give you a powerboost, but inorder to compensate for the extra air the computer sends more fuel into the engine. this means you actually get less mpg.

I would also say that a camber kit is pretty important. your tires are going to wear unevenly and your traction is much less then it could be. In order for your car to handle correctly your camber needs to be set up corectly.

jimmyfunk
08-28-2002, 12:30 PM
If you want your tires to last long at all....a camber kit is a must. If you have aftermarket tires...i'm sure you spent some $$ on them and you should try to protect your investment any way possible.

Tominos
08-28-2002, 12:52 PM
camber kit is 300 bucks and up i believe. if you want your tires to last more than a month, you will want to get it, no use in blowing 400+ on tires only to have to go back and get another set next month.

jimmyfunk
08-29-2002, 11:55 PM
you can get a top-of-the-line camber kit (front only for anywhere between 100-200. There's no need to buy a camber kit for the rear because you can fix this safely with washers and bolts for about 7 bucks (instructions in the FAQ). Check out www.thepartstrader.com for a used camber kit. But no matter how you do it....a camber kit is a must.

Add your comment to this topic!