Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

H22 swap for 92 accord

c12azieazzvietz
08-28-2002, 12:50 AM
Im doing a H22 swap for my accord. I just wanna make sure i have everything right, so can someone tell me what i need to complete the swap? I already have the motor, tranny, ecu, and axles. What else do I need?

HONDA_99
08-28-2002, 07:00 AM
i think this might help you -> http://members.aol.com/accorddrv/h22.html

other place you might wanna visit -> www.jdmclub.com

justanothermike
08-28-2002, 03:20 PM
you will need to modify your existing wiring harness as most sensors are not in the same place. also need to add in some wires for VTEC,knock sensor, ect. if your using the H22 tranny u'll need to drill out some holes to make the transmission mount fit.

Duatone
08-28-2002, 08:44 PM
www.H22A.org <-----this site is VERY informative on swapping H22's into 4th and 5th gen accords. try them first, they even have pics to help you on the walkthrough

ShockJon
08-29-2002, 01:07 AM
You also need to sell me your old motor and tranny to take it off your hands!!! I need a spare!!! email me if you want to make a little money on it..... I will take just the motor I don't need the tranny...... :D I am serious!!!

c12azieazzvietz
08-30-2002, 08:30 AM
thanks for the tip guys!! this will help me alot!! and as for you SHOCKJON!! Give meeh an offer on my old motor!! It only has about 120,000 miles. this is pretty low for a car that is a '92. so let me know!

Kep
10-28-2002, 10:05 AM
WE are in the process of doing this swap right now. You might want to make sure that the driveshaft half-shaft bolts up. I have an SH block and the accord halfshaft bracket doesn't match up. So that has to be custom. Also, the accord power steering line doesn't match up to the prelude pump. And you have to tap two holes in the transmission to make the accord mount fit. One final problem was the wiring of the distributor using the accord harness...I'm not quite sure what the problem was with this, the mechanics got it wired up correctly. But the biggest problem is that accord half shaft not bolating up to the prelude SH block....

-Matt

c12azieazzvietz
11-03-2002, 01:07 AM
my swap is been done for over a month already!! its hella fast!! I did the swap myself!! everything bolted up!! the only thing i had to do was wire up some wires for vtec and i tapped the tranny so my stock mount would fit!! i could of used a prelude tranny mount but got too lazy to go buy one so we just customized it!! same with the distributor problem!!I converted my h22 to external instead of internal!!

Kep
11-03-2002, 01:18 AM
Hey how did you get the power steering pump line to mount up? On our swap we haven't been able to get the power steering pump working........and we had to use the prelude pump cause the accord pump wouldn't fit under the hood.......

-kep

c12azieazzvietz
11-03-2002, 05:51 AM
use prelude lines and pump!! that should work!!!! but no powersteering is alot better!! more power that way (no power steering)!! at least 8-10 more horsepower when you dont have power steering!!

c12azieazzvietz
11-03-2002, 05:55 AM
what year accord did you do the swap on? got any pics?? does it feel good or no?? Cuz Im hella happy with my swap!! i break traction on regular driving at dead stops!! on take off at no reving in the beginning, just regular, when i floor it, my car breaks traction like crazy!! and when i race, I dont even launch with high rev, and it breaks traction all the way to third gear!! DAYAM THIS MOTOR HAS TOO MUCH TORQUE!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! now all i need are some street slicks and im good to go!!

Kep
11-03-2002, 08:59 AM
Well, Yeah, I could always go the easy way out and use the power steering lines for the prelude...heh... But thx...I thought there might have been something I was missing...heh...

And you know I really don't think I'll care about the 8-10hp gain of no power steering, I love power steering, and I think I'm willing to turn up the boost 1/2 lb to compensate...:D Gotta love that aspect of turbos!!

-Kep

MaximusGTR
11-08-2002, 03:56 AM
Ok, I raced a 90-93 accord with the h22 swap and I raped him, he was a stick and I'm auto, at the time my max only had CAI,and stillin cat back, BUT I then raced a 95 with the h22 swap and my takeoff was hella quicker and I thought I was going to kick his ass, but he ended up catching me and he pulled... My mouth droped, he was a stick also..... I want the truth guys, was that driver skill or are the 94+ accords quicker than the 90-93's....??? By the way, that won't happen anymore because now I have a port and polish job done and Y-pipe:licker:

Anyway give me the specs......

Kep
11-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Ok, well something had to have been wrong with that 90 driver...the only difference I can see that would make the 5th gen faster would be the weight difference....but the 5th gen has a curb weight spec of 2855lbs. and the 4th gen has a curb weight of 2733lbs. So that doesn't make sense....maybe the 4th gen had a non vtec or hadn't hooked it up....But I bet it was driver skill.....

-Kep

Atariallstar
11-15-2002, 12:36 PM
stay far away from jdmclub.com (not sure who posted it up there earlier..... the place is a joke....and i wouldnt say that if id have my swap...but its been 4 months and still no motor..just a bunch of talk.

Hey its antman
11-15-2002, 04:15 PM
I thought going with a cam would be better than buying all that stuff for the swap. Excuse me I'm on a budget!!! Is there ne one that thought about just a cam instead of going engine swap? Peace......

MaximusGTR
11-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Nice Ass!!!:eek: :licker: :eek2:

Hey its antman
11-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Finally a man who likes a little ass..thanks:D :D :D

MaximusGTR
11-19-2002, 04:14 AM
Kinda comparable to this

wagsaccordsir
11-19-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Hey its antman
I thought going with a cam would be better than buying all that stuff for the swap. Excuse me I'm on a budget!!! Is there ne one that thought about just a cam instead of going engine swap? Peace......

Really you should stay within your budget, because this shit does get expensive, and you don't want your car sitting in pieces because you can't swing a part.

Because i'm so big on the swap thing, I would say this, be patient and save, because in the long run your still gonna want the swap. You may swap cams, but that won't do what you want it to do. You still end up wanting more, and now the money for that cam is probably wasted because that cam is not gonna fit the H22 that you end up deciding to put in there.

But seriously stick to what you can afford, otherwise you really need to think about saving.
Peace

MaximusGTR
11-19-2002, 11:36 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Hey its antman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say save also, because when I had only CAI and exaust, I got my ass handed to me when I raced a 94-99 accord (stick) with an h22 swap. My take off was quicker but he raped me in the end

Hey its antman
11-19-2002, 09:25 PM
I thought the big cam company offer 20 hp with a nice cam. MaximusGTR, did you run quater mile or stop light to stop light. I'm talking about a 90 ex accord. I know they are faster than a 94 accord anyday. Speak more about the race!! Give me more details.......

Also your girls butt have dimpes. Mine girl in the sig is smooth like butter baby!!! LOL Big difference......:jump: :jump: :jump:

wagsaccordsir
11-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Yes cams usually do give about 20hp, but I guarantee it wont be enough.. you will want more.....

Kep
11-20-2002, 01:22 PM
I would have to agree....I wish I would have just saved my money on all the bolt on parts for my F22 and put it into swap money....No matter how much you do to your accord with bolt ons, you will still want the swap...

-Kep

boxcarracer0260
04-07-2004, 07:07 PM
im about to do the h22 swap in my 97 accord and i was wondering when i did the swap would i have to use a prelude cat back or could i use an accord cat back and if so would i lose anything in doing so?

92lx
04-08-2004, 02:18 PM
94-97 H22 swaped accords are slower than 90-93 Accords, simple weight issue. The 5th gen is heavier by a good bit. He may have had an accord transmission, or may have had an h23. Also, there are a million other factors that could have been put into play here.

- Nathan

Neronian
04-10-2004, 10:56 AM
94-97 H22 swaped accords are slower than 90-93 Accords, simple weight issue. The 5th gen is heavier by a good bit. He may have had an accord transmission, or may have had an h23. Also, there are a million other factors that could have been put into play here.

- Nathan

Can't I use h22 transmission? I planing to swap h22 98 in to my accord 97.

sniper1837
04-11-2004, 10:24 PM
hey i have a trouble with my swap, i did the swap and everything is in (h22 in 93 accord) it was working for a minute when the swap was done, but the next day it just wouldnt start no more. its getting spark and everything, but then it just wont start. its also geting gas too... also my D$ light is flashing too... let me know whats happening because my car was starting for a minute but the next day it just wouldnt start no more, let me know whats going on guys. also will a stock accord ECU work for a prelude just temporary only for a coule weeks until i get a p13 ecu, because all i got now is a OBD II ecu witha OBD II h22 motor, need to get a OBD I ecu, well let me know if you can help...

HondaOz
04-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I Really Need Help!!!!! Does Anybody Know Where I Can Get Bodykits And Performance Parts For An 88 Accord

Add your comment to this topic!