Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

73 Nova Exhaust Headers?

huladeezzz
09-06-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm restoring a 73 Nova. I just installed a ZZ4 motor (Wife bought for me last X-Mas:grinyes: ). The problem I'm having is the lack of knowledge of what parts I can use:uhoh: . I took out the manual steering and replaced it with a power steering box. In doing that the set of headers I have are shorties and won't fit on the leftside due to the power steering box. Please can anyone help? I don't know what brand the shorty headers are that I have. Should I go with shorties or the full to the undercarage? Any help would be great (Brand, part number). Thank you.

Huladeezzz
P.S.Motor does have angled spark plugs if that info helps.

73 restorer
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm restoring a 73 Nova. I just installed a ZZ4 motor (Wife bought for me last X-Mas:grinyes: ). The problem I'm having is the lack of knowledge of what parts I can use:uhoh: . I took out the manual steering and replaced it with a power steering box. In doing that the set of headers I have are shorties and won't fit on the leftside due to the power steering box. Please can anyone help? I don't know what brand the shorty headers are that I have. Should I go with shorties or the full to the undercarage? Any help would be great (Brand, part number). Thank you.

Huladeezzz
P.S.Motor does have angled spark plugs if that info helps.

I had the same problem on my 73. I have angle plug heads and when i looked last year, I had to order full length headers from headman. the only other company is hooker. YOu will have to have a lift or jack the front of the car almost 3 ft to angle them in unless your motor is pulled, then you can just bold that one in when you install motor.
I called summit and ordered from them. I think the headers were around 180.00

'97ventureowner
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
73 restorer: you sure are making me work today. Did you even read the AF Community rules you agreed to follow when you signed up to become a member? Obviously not since this is what the 5th old thread you've resurrected today...so far?
Thread closed.

Add your comment to this topic!