Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

07 camry vs 06/07 accord ?

renoref
09-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Has anyone driven both cars and what was your impression? If you were buying new would opt for the 4 cylinder or v6?

RIP
09-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Bit o apples and oranges but, my daughter has an 06 Accord EX with the 4 cyl. Very nice car but, to me the ride is a bit choppy. You feel every seem on an interstate highway. My other daughter"s 94 Camry has a much better ride. You barely feel the seems.

BTW - My daughter got her Accord for $200 below dealer invoice through the Costco Car Buying Program.

exploreco97
09-18-2006, 12:29 PM
My wife and I are in the same market and we wanted to try out both just so we didn't question it later. Although they are both nice, we preferred the 2007 Camry over the 2007 Accord. Ride was much softer and the engine noise didn't seem as loud in the Camry. We are only looking at the 4 cyl as we do a lot of driving and the 4cyl gets better gas mileage. We own a 97 4 cyl with 140,000 miles on it and it is still going strong and the 4 cyl has been adequate power for us.

Good luck on what ever you decide!

:rofl:

windncr
10-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Seeing how my 98 Malibu (car o'doom) died, Ive spent most of the weekend looking for a new one and of everything out there, my short list consists of the Camry and the Accord.

Here's my spin on them:
Accord:
Its about $2k cheaper up until the top of the line where they get closer in price.
The seats are more "fitting", serious bucket seats for the average person. A larger person will not like them. (I love them, so does my wife).
Slightly more head room.
A few more well placed beveride holders.
Less roll/pitch on turns and stopping.
Fold down/passthrough in rear better designed that Camry.

Camry:
A little peppier engine, but 1-2 mpg in fuel claimed.
Steering wheel controls felt more intuitive.
Better rear leg room.
Moon roof available earier in the product line.

Its gonna be a close one for me. Probably comedown more to the deal presented since both cars were fantastic.

'07 Accord SE vs '07 Camry XLE
Both V6.
Judging did account for the higher end Camry interior vs a more basic Accord.

Add your comment to this topic!