Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

About to buy a new racecar.....

chevytrucks92
09-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeap, that's right. Unless things fall through, then I'll probably be the proud owner of a 1967 Chevy II (Nova).

Some things fell into place with this particular car, and so I've decided to buy it instead of getting mine fixed. Its a friends car, and I drove it the past Saturday and REALLY REALLY like it. He's priced it to me for what it'd take to get the chassis and suspension fixed on my car, and so I figure by the time I bought new tires and wheels for my car, new fuel and brake lines, then I'd be saving over $1500 by going this route. And like I say, I really liked the way this car drives. Its very similar to mine.

The car is set up very nice. Almost exactly how mine would have been done. Anyways, here's the details:

-2"x3" mild steel tube frame
-10 point roll cage
-alluminum interior (very nice too-I'll post some pictures once its officially mine)
-drilled and slotted 4-wheel disc brakes
-ladder bar rear suspension with adjustable coil over shocks
-Ford 9" rear end
-tubular A-arm front suspension
-rack and pinion steering
-new 32"x14" slicks and Weld Racing wheels with skinnies up front
-all fiberglass except the top
-high dollar 355 SBC (knife edged steel crank, allum. rods, dome pistons)
-400 transmission, reverse pattern, air shifter
-chassis is IHRA certified to 8.50 in the 1/4 untill 2009

That's set up very nice. Pretty much excatly like my car would have been set up if I'd went through with it. But, I think I'll be doing better by getting this car becuase its complete. It has a good 355 engine it. Very strong, for a 355. I don't care much about the 400 trans, but that really doesn't matter becuase when I get it, my 383 and powerglide will go in it, eventually. It also comes with a tunnel ram and 2 660 cfm carbs. And the slicks are brand new.

Anyways, the car sets really low to the ground, and is just beautiful. I've always loved that body style Nova.

It runs pretty good too. The way it is now, it's capable of 6.80s in the 1/8th. This weekend, I ran 6.98 @ 98 mph, but the car stumbled when it left (fuel pressure wasn't turned up enoguh). Turned the fuel pressure up (9 psi from 6) and the C02 was too low for the car to shift into 3rd gear. So anyways, it ran a 6.98 again, but at 93 mph. I was out of the gas well before the finish line. The short times were comparable to my car, but not quite as good. The 60' was 1.43 and hte 330 was 4.43. Those times are good for 6.80s, and I"m sure the car would have ran it if it wold have shifted into 3rd gear. With my motor and transmisison though, it should by all means run aroudn 6.30s.

But, the guy has priced it to me. So unless he backs out on me, then it'll be mine by this weekend. I think you guys will be impressed with it. It really is BEAUTIFUL.

Cliff notes:
-about ready to buy a 1967 (could be a 66 too, bodies were the same in 66 and 67) Chevy II
-chassis car
-4 wheel drilled/slotted disc
-9" inch Ford/ladder bars/coil overs
-tubular A-arms/rack and pinion
-32x14 slicks
-fiberglass body (all but top)

Mad_Maxima
09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Sounds good, if its a good price get it

chevytrucks92
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM
$10,000.

My car was going to cost $10,230 to fix (plus buying a drive shaft). And then I'd have to spend about $1500 on wheels and tires. And then more on some body work probably.

I'm pretty excited about it as you can tell, lol. I've got the money lined up , so as long as he don't back out, then it should be mine.

VR43000GT
09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Oooooo a new whip? Sounds nice. Can't wait for pics.

Igovert500
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
sounds sexy...well anything that pulls a 1.43 60' would...but damn. Good luck, sounds like an excellent pickup if all goes well!

Burnerdominator
09-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Well how strange i just looked at a nova today to. Congrats o finding a nice car

CassiesMan
09-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Bah! Buy this instead

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230025635506

Second best episode of Pinks ever.

Though your new possible set up looks like it might be pretty nice. I kinda like the look of the Novas, pretty nice. Good luck with getting it, I dun wanna say anything that would jinx ya.

chevytrucks92
09-06-2006, 04:43 PM
sounds sexy...well anything that pulls a 1.43 60' would...but damn. Good luck, sounds like an excellent pickup if all goes well!

Lol. And thats with a 355, lol. It would most def. pull 1.3xs with my 383.

Add your comment to this topic!