Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless entry

beachcraka
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I just purchased a 2000 blazer 2dr ls. it has power everything but only came with keys and no remote. is there anyway to just get ahold of a remote and program it?? or does it need a seperate kit? not sure if it used to have the remotes. Please let me know. thanks guys

ZL1power69
09-05-2006, 02:50 PM
welcome to af. if the truck came with keyless entry (u can see the module under the drivers side dash), just get a replacement remote on ebay (search 2000 blazer and you should have no problem finding one). to program the remote(s), i believe you hold down the unlock button on the door, turn the key on off on off, then hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote(s), then turn the key on to exit programing mode. im pretty sure thats it.

beachcraka
09-05-2006, 02:56 PM
i'll get ahold of one soon. appriciate the help

alblogg
09-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I just purchased a 2000 blazer 2dr ls. it has power everything but only came with keys and no remote. is there anyway to just get ahold of a remote and program it?? or does it need a seperate kit? not sure if it used to have the remotes. Please let me know. thanks guys
There is a site www.keylessride.com that has a thing on their web page where you type in your VIN # and it suppose to tell you if that veh came with key less entry, I've not tried it I just found it checking out prices for programing tools and fobs.

blazer_guy86
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
You can also look in your glove box and there will be a sticker with a list of codes. I might be wrong but i believe there will be a "AU3" code if it is equipted with keyless entry. if there isn't, you can always get an aftermarket unit and install it.

AChatham
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
You can also look in your glove box and there will be a sticker with a list of codes. I might be wrong but i believe there will be a "AU3" code if it is equipted with keyless entry. if there isn't, you can always get an aftermarket unit and install it.
Actually, I think its "AU0". I looked last night and had an AU3 code which indicated I didnt have keyless. But thats on my 2002 model

blazer_guy86
09-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Ooops! I think you are right on that one.

Add your comment to this topic!