Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 crx si transmission

braindead420us
09-05-2006, 11:22 AM
where would I go to find out the spec numbers for my 87 si tranny? ( to make sure that the replacement tran is actually a 5 speed si transmission?):banghead:

lxndr
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
You can probably find this info on www.redpepperracing.com

The funny thing is that there are no distinguishing marks or numbers on the SI tranny, it looks just like the DX tranny. Just make sure the replacement looks exactly like yours. A 4 speed tranny will not have the 5th gear cover on the end.

The SI transmission has better gearing than the DX or HF tranny, Make sure you get another SI tranny or you will loose some performance.

I happen to have an SI tranny left over from my D16A1 swap, make an offer and it's yours.

braindead420us
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
well thanks for the info, so there is no serial numbers identifing numbers thats odd.
Now my next question would be what state and town do you live in, I live in the Portland Oregon, Vancoouver Washington area. I would imagine that its not cheap to have to ship one of those things.
If its in good shape I would be willing to pay somewhere in the area of a bill ($100.00). What did it come out of?
Thanks again braindeadbrian.

lxndr
09-16-2006, 01:37 AM
well thanks for the info, so there is no serial numbers identifing numbers thats odd.
Now my next question would be what state and town do you live in, I live in the Portland Oregon, Vancoouver Washington area. I would imagine that its not cheap to have to ship one of those things.
If its in good shape I would be willing to pay somewhere in the area of a bill ($100.00). What did it come out of?
Thanks again braindeadbrian.

Interesting...

I'm in Seattle WA and plan to be in the Portland/Tigard area in a few weeks to pick up a set of wheels.

The tranny came out of my '86 CRX SI with 145K on it. I swapped in a D16A1 motor and tranny so I have no use for the SI tranny. The only reason I haven't tossed it already is because it's in such good condition, I never had any problems with it and it never leaked a drop of oil.

Also, I maintain my cars regularly and don't beat the crap out of them so this tranny has not been abused. You can search my vouches on RPR under the same screen name, and you can see my car here: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=527841

braindead420us
09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
To start off that is a nice lookin rex, It sounds and looks like you are definetly the type of person that take care of his vehicles.
So now I know that are just in Seattle that makes me even happier, however I didnt see any response to my offer. I actually drive up to Seattle quit often for work. well My 87 rex has 292,168 miles on it.
So if the offer that I made you sounds fair to you we should (somehow) exchange some info so we can meet up, did I mention that I have to have the car fixed and out of the garage that its in by next tuesday? I would probably even be willing to drive up there to pick that baby up, so would yoou please get back to me as soon as possible with your answer and then we can figure out the specifics ( my e-mail address is braindead420us@yahoo.com or brian0222@hotmail.com ) Thanks and hope to here from you soon Brian

lxndr
09-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Email sent...

Add your comment to this topic!