Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

TOD Check Light

HillWilliam
09-04-2006, 01:07 PM
My 1999 Trooper with 70,200 miles is indicating a TOD problem. While driving in two-wheel mode, I first noticed the rear wheel lights on the TOD dashboard indicators were flashing rather than glowing steadily. Then the TOD Check light came on. There no longer is an Isuzu agency in our town, so I'm going to be searching for service in unfamiliar shops. Because of the Labor Day holiday, I haven't attempted to see what codes might have been thrown. Anybody have any guesses based on similar symptoms? I'd prefer not to be at the complete mercy of unfamiliar mechanics. Thanks!

jimstl99
10-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Any update on your TOD lights? My 2001 is now doing EXACTLY the same thing.

Thanks.

Jim

amigo-2k
10-03-2006, 08:13 PM
check your air pressure.

TOD does wacky things with tires that have more then 5psi difference, and all 4 tires need to be the same age and close to the same mileage on them.

HillWilliam
10-04-2006, 01:51 PM
UPDATE: It cost me a ridiculous $1,100 to get the problem fixed. I say "ridiculous" because almost all of the cost was in small electronic parts. The major portion was two "speed sensors" at $330 each. Then there was a circuit board at another $200. Another major pain was waiting for parts that (I was told) had to be shipped over from Japan. Anyway, the Trooper is back on the road and seems to be cured. But now I'm growing worried about continuing to maintain an "orphan" vehicle. If I just didn't like the ol' girl so much...

jimstl99
10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
That $$$ sucks. Sorry to hear about that. I am assuming that mine will still be covered under the 10/120 powertrain warranty since it has 65,000 and I am the original owner. Does anyone have any reason to believe it would not be covered?

Thanks again,

Jim

UPDATE: It cost me a ridiculous $1,100 to get the problem fixed. I say "ridiculous" because almost all of the cost was in small electronic parts. The major portion was two "speed sensors" at $330 each. Then there was a circuit board at another $200. Another major pain was waiting for parts that (I was told) had to be shipped over from Japan. Anyway, the Trooper is back on the road and seems to be cured. But now I'm growing worried about continuing to maintain an "orphan" vehicle. If I just didn't like the ol' girl so much...

Add your comment to this topic!