Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'06 si mods

l le7hal l
09-03-2006, 10:34 PM
ey
just got the 06 civic si, wonderin how i should start modding...i have a decent budget and would appreciate any guidance along with wat the mods do (i have NO idea wat a cold air intake does) i did get it manual *obviously* so any help would be great thnx...im real excited...(my last car was a 112 hp 5-spd echo)

alphalanos
09-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Don't spend a dime yet. You just got the car. Just get the feel of it and learn how to drive it first. Once you become good, then you can start messing with it. Do some research. Rushing blindly into modfiying your car only leads to dissapointment. For the record, a cold air intake will not do a whole lot to your power. You already have 200 hp, thats plenty for someone who dosent know what an intake does. Dont take offense to this, Ive just seen so many mistakes that can be easily avoided with more attention to detail.

daveshapellSVT
09-04-2006, 08:59 PM
i second that. right now the car is fairly new so the aftermarket hasn't caught up. wait another year or two and then you'll have mainy options.

l le7hal l
09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
thnx for the advise...ur right, my last car was a 5spd echo, and, well, very big difference...i race evry once and a while for fun, so i was just wondering about the different toys but thnx i can see how modding da sh**t out of a new car can ruin the experience not to mention the wallet

daveshapellSVT
09-05-2006, 08:20 PM
i say give it at least 3 months, by then there will be tons more stuff out.

LunchBox
09-06-2006, 09:08 PM
I have one too...

An intake does wonders for this car! It's night and day difference in the mid to high range. Other than that I have a rear sway-bar (also helpful), and a short shifter (much needed). Anyhow, it does a good job on its own, but when you're ready start with some basics, get used to that setup. If you still want more after that, go for it.

I have to hold off on anymore mods till I can get it out to the track (road course, not straight line). That's when the madness will begin. I hope the girlfriend will be okay with it...

Best of luck, and welcome to the club!

mellowboy
09-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Its a K-series motor. Same output as the RSX type s motor. Intake/Header/Exhaust would add roughly 18hp to the wheels. I didn't believe it at first but they've done a test on the RSX type S on Honda Tuning. The K-series are very responsive when it comes to modifications. Even the minor stuff I just mentioned.

trojandrew
11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
anyone slapped a GReddy turbo kit on one of these yet? i'm snagging an 07 after the new year and i'm absolutely salivating at what these suckers can do. i test drove an 07 and the thing is pretty sick stock. just wish they had more torque, but for the price you can't beat what one of these guys offer standard. you try to match up comp equipped scion TC and you're gonna wind up a K or more over the retail of a new SI.

good to hear how responsive these are with mods. all the honda haters haven't caught up yet with what the new SI's can offer; they're still stuck on the wimpy pre-06' SI's.

alphalanos
11-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Maybe il try to get one once my 96 civic kicks the bucket. Or i might wait to see what the new hatch is like :grinyes:

skotman
11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
you must be a rich little bastard to be able to even THINK about starting to mod your BRAND NEW CAR lol!

man...

yeah, i'm siding with everyone saying to leave your car be for now and mod later... only *I* say to wait several YEARS before you begin modding your brand new car. i'd wait until something breaks. i dunno. i feel like, if you're gonna buy a car specifically for modding you should go spend maybe $2k and just get 91 civic si and do whatever the hell you want to it :)

just my opinion.

or maybe you should just wait until you start losing races :)

BrodyP
11-15-2006, 09:27 AM
or maybe you should just wait until you start losing races :)

:lol:

LunchBox
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Okay, lil help. It's been months since I've been here, and the girlfriend is gone now, so it's time to pull out the stops. Exhaust came in 2 weeks ago, header will be here next week. I need help though, Casper went under, and I need to find a plug-and-play O2 simulator. Anyone know where I can still find these?

Once it's in, the Hondata reflash will be soon after. And, if need be, some stage 2 cams, and building of the head.

Thanks ahead of time. I'll start posting more often too!

daveshapellSVT
07-11-2007, 09:42 PM
might aswell buy a turbo kit.. more horsepower with more potential. might even be cheaper.

LunchBox
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Going with a turbo wouldn't suit my cause. This is gonna be a track slut when it's done. And unless you have 4 wheels putting down the added power from a turbo, it's not very efficient, I find. Supercharge, sure, but with a stock compression of 11:1, it's almost just as easy to go all motor, with fewer drawbacks. Just my 2 pennies.

daveshapellSVT
07-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Really it comes down to how fast do you wanna be or run. going NA your gonna hit your limmits. going with a turbo setup it's really how much money do you have to go faster and faster. I'm sure it will be a quick little track car going NA, But if you wanna be real fast you want Forced induction. I'd even be for a supercharged setup. especially comp tech or jackson racing those roots type blowers would give you better bottom end acceleration, which is what you would want when track racing. If i were you i'd get a supercharger and all the normal bolt ons. that would probably get you into the mid 13's in the quarter, and take your around the swisty track half decent. But if your planning on keeping up with the big boys like z06's, then your gonna need to go turbo and find a way to stay on the track with the proper suspention setup.

si23
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
i have th 06 si and i have aem intake a dc exhaust, thats all u should start with whenever u do start modding but i agree with the waiting thing b/c u can appreciate the change unless ur used to the stock hp.......after that tho i got the hondata reflash which reprograms the ecu to put the v-tech at 4500 and again at 6000 and puts the rev limit to 8600.....it did wonders its a whole new carand the pickup off the line is soo much better now

Christ
08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
yeah... Im not familiar perse with anything over 2000 (that generation) Civics... but what this guy just said tells me that he's running a K-motor with dual stage Vtec... erm... sorry "V-Tech".... lmao..

after that tho i got the hondata reflash which reprograms the ecu to put the v-tech at 4500 and again at 6000 and puts the rev limit to 8600

So.. umm... unless these cars DO have dual stage Vtec... and the only motor that I personally know of is the D15B with Vtec-E, can someone please explain what this (I'm thinking flamer) is talking about?

daveshapellSVT
08-12-2007, 05:11 PM
sounds like a newbie to me. V-tec is good for better fuel economy, but these kids now days just think v-tec is like nitrous or something. V-tec engines have cams with two different cam profiles. one for fuel economy and the other lobes for inhanced performance. I believe i-vtec changes ignition timing as well. theres no such thing as duel vtec it only switches over once. K-pro is a ecu reflash. it changes vtec points for increased power along with timing and fuel modifications. not to mention higher rev points.

I like the new SI. it's deffinately the best SI yet and the k-series engine is tough as nails, but it is fwd which limits one horribly. for 2-4k more i can get a slightly used evo, 350z, sti, wrx, gto, trans am. or even mustang. If you wanna go fast for the 20k range theres 100 better ways to go.

LunchBox
09-02-2007, 01:48 PM
The "two-stage" Vtec he is talking about is correct... Kinda. i-Vtec works based on throttle position. WOT engages the second cam sooner. I still don't have all the details down pat, but I will say this, when my guru was programming his friends k-swap with the k-pro, he simply threw the i-Vtec out. Not something he favored. But yes, it does work differently than traditional Vtec.

Oh, and I'm getting the reflash this week! Can't wait to see what NEW V-8s go down now! Then there's the track event in November!

daveshapellSVT
04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
any mods yet?

Mr. i-VTEC
07-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Yo i dumped an AEM cold air intake and a magnaflow exhaust system in my 07 Si so now it's up to the next upgrade, dumpin a Hondata reflash into my 07 Si but don't knw of any good shops where they can install it in Arizona. are there any cons to upgradin the computer, if so how long will my engine last if the car is a daily driver and i only race on the tracks (1/4 mile)once in a while? What headers are the best ones? What other mods can i install?

Christ
07-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Here's a mod you can install... it's called the "MAKE A NEW THREAD" button... simple... next time you feel like posting something, don't bring a thread up from the grave to do it... just "MAKE A NEW THREAD"... see how it works?

Add your comment to this topic!