Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone have any tips for hiding scratches on interior trim?

chicagopimp
08-26-2002, 05:07 PM
I've got scratches on the interior trim on the doors of my 02 Civic EX from people getting in and out (including myself...I'll admit). Does anyone know of a good way to cover those scratches up so they don't look so obvious?

Thanks in advance!

PaulD
08-26-2002, 06:40 PM
I would like to know as well, I have an '88 CRX and needless to say - I have collected my fair share of scratches

ci5ic
08-26-2002, 10:12 PM
I got the same problem...

Possibly, if you hit 'em up with a heat-gun for a little bit? Would probably still look bad, but maybe not as noticeable...

Whitey001
08-28-2002, 12:07 AM
Replace the door panels na JK not sure i would like to know though:flash:

EFsleeper
08-29-2002, 01:09 AM
depends on the scratch. I am an installer and yes from time to time I accidentally scratch something. A heat gun can cover up some stuff but it is not full repair. but yeah try a heat gun. dont over heat it though. best thing that i have found out is to hit it with the gun, let it sit 10 minutes hit it again. then try to smooth it with your finger. ( you will burn your finger at this point so be prepared) I have also used Crayola crayons to fill in the scratches, heating the wax into the scratch. It works ok. but not full proof repair.

chicagopimp
08-30-2002, 09:59 PM
I always wondered why mobile audio installers always have a heat gun hanging on the wall!

Seriously tho...thanks for the advice. I'll have to give that a shot after I install my new Sparco Grip pedals (can't wait!!)

Add your comment to this topic!