Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

questions

An Angry Clown
08-30-2006, 11:19 AM
i want to install around a 17" motorized monitor in the trunk of my mustang and eventually jam an xbox 360 in there, do you guys know any company that sells something like that or any way that you would hook it up?

it would be helpful :grinyes:

An Angry Clown
08-31-2006, 10:18 AM
anyone?

6speed
08-31-2006, 01:37 PM
can i just ask why you would want to do this? are you going to stand behind your car and play games?

An Angry Clown
08-31-2006, 06:15 PM
can i just ask why you would want to do this? are you going to stand behind your car and play games?

yes, and eventually hook up a computer to control all of applications by the flick of a switch

im part of a club, and i wanted to stand out more, so im going to make the 360 removable

brokenantimatter
08-31-2006, 07:03 PM
You do know that it actually takes more than 800+ watts to power a 360 right?
My motorhome would not support it.

An Angry Clown
09-01-2006, 06:16 AM
You do know that it actually takes more than 800+ watts to power a 360 right?
My motorhome would not support it.

yes i know but thank you!

6speed
09-01-2006, 08:41 AM
yes, and eventually hook up a computer to control all of applications by the flick of a switch

im part of a club, and i wanted to stand out more, so im going to make the 360 removable
why not stand out more by making your car faster or louder or something functional? what yr/model is your mustang. do you have any mods?

An Angry Clown
09-01-2006, 01:06 PM
why not stand out more by making your car faster or louder or something functional? what yr/model is your mustang. do you have any mods?

yea i have lots of performance mods but im trying to make something where theres something interesting from the front, sides, back, engine, interior, and trunk

and right now im working on the trunk

EDIT: sorry i forgot..

its an 03 GT

An Angry Clown
09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
i really just want the question anwsered unless those questions are nessasary please.

6speed
09-05-2006, 09:35 AM
in order to answer your question accurately and let you know how big of a tv and how to run the wires ill need to know all the: lots of performance mods

An Angry Clown
09-15-2006, 06:45 AM
in order to answer your question accurately and let you know how big of a tv and how to run the wires ill need to know all the: lots of performance mods

lol :lol:
why is that.. performance has nothing to do with what im looking for

you run power to the inverter then you plug the xbox and tv into it, now put the FM receiver chip in, turn to a certain freqiency and pow! it turns on!
BTW its not me with the mustang, its my dad's

im just a kid
also we did find one locally, im not sure the price or anything like that but they have 17' to 22' all motorized.

im planning to go to a car show in Barrie tomorrow, they'll be there all weekend building up a fully customized TSX through out the span of the show, i can't wait to see it!! :grinyes:

but if anyone knows a company that sells a 17' motorized monitor without using performance parts, it would help!! lol :lol2:

An Angry Clown
09-17-2006, 07:49 AM
the price of the 17' installed is $700 total!

thats amazing!

so this weekend we're putting NOS and the motorized TV in the trunk fully equiped with an xbox 360 and PS2

:grinyes:

SkylineUSA
09-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Post pics when you're done, that would be cool to see.

An Angry Clown
09-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Post pics when you're done, that would be cool to see.

i would love to.. im going to have it sitting on the back of the seats turn a 90, run along the top of the trunk in between the amps, go out and do a complete 180 and you can control the angle by a remote, and have the nos bottles sitting on the wheel indents

An Angry Clown
09-20-2006, 02:45 PM
excelent news! its going in sometime this week or next (no delays) i dont know about the pictures thing just becasue were thinking about getting a new one (the old ones broke) and i dont know how to import video from the video recorder to the PC

my99cavy
09-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Dont mean to bring this back up but I was reading it and found some stuff to be a little sketchy ......

yea i have lots of performance modsYou never listed what mods you actually have done. I also think all the other stuff about the Nos and what not is :bs: unless you post some pics.

im going to have it sitting on the back of the seats turn a 90, run along the top of the trunk in between the amps, go out and do a complete 180 and you can control the angle by a remote, and have the nos bottles sitting on the wheel indentsI dont know about anyone else but I found this kind of confusing. The only thing I understand out of all that is the NOS bottles sitting on the wheel WELLS not wheel indents :lol:

An Angry Clown
10-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Trust me man, its not BS, I WILL give pics, i just don't have the money right now. I wanted to take my time so i waited until winter

besides if you don't believe me after pics or video, i dont care cause ill know its real and ill know that its cool.

An Angry Clown
10-01-2006, 07:21 AM
im getting the TV from a company in Canada called "Canadian Classic Car Collectors" in Orillia and i talked to them at 2 different car shows (Both in Barrie, one is at the georgan collage, and one is at a flee market in Burls Creek) i went to their shop, its nice they have a gatsbee right outside on the lawn with a bunch of other oldies like mustangs and a model B. tons of things on the wall and stuff inside, and boy, if you're going to say this is BS, you should have the docter check you out. :disappoin

my99cavy
10-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Like I said little man once you post pics then I will believe it :).

6speed
10-06-2006, 11:36 AM
you wont see pics cavy, the only pics of the car is under proudfordowner with some vertical doors. he used to bs about having a turbo...i and some others harrassed him...now he posts under this name. i would agree the car doesnt have all this fancy garbage in the trunk; and he later said he can no longer post pics because of not having a camera. yea yea, if you have all this money to throw away on xboxs and tvs u can buy a damn digi camera for 40$ but whatever. i wanted to find out the so-called performance mods too but gave up id bet the 'nos bottles' are the fake ones that are really subs. the car these 'two' shouldda bought was some riced out civic.

just remember
performance has nothing to do with what im looking for

my99cavy
10-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Ok so Proudfordowner and Angry clown are the same person?? Under Anry's profile it says he only 13 lol So on one profile he pretends to be old and one he doesnt :screwy: Oh well screw that kid then.

Oh btw Very nice saleen and gixxer 6speed :thumbsup:

An Angry Clown
10-06-2006, 02:38 PM
ahh first of all.. cavy, i shared a profile with my brother now we have our own account.

im am the 13 year old

second, 6speed, ever since i've met you, you've been an asshole,
one question, do you have a paypal acount? if you do, if I don't give you pics of the TV or NOS by the end of spring i will personally mail you $1000 cash. I swear on everything I WILL, this is no BS.

now don't say shit until spring, just becasue my dad doesn't have the money right now to put this stuff in, once he does, I WILL GIVE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is TONS of things going on around my house right now so please guys, stop being pricks!

im not going to rush putting in the NOS or TV because we can't use it until spring because they have warenties!
im getting a new camera so no video for now.

my99cavy
10-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Ok well thanks for clearing that up man. I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything its just when someone says there doing all this stuff to there car I like to see pics to see what it looks like and also to make sure they werent just shitting everyone. So if I came off as an asshole to you man I apologize.

6speed
10-09-2006, 12:56 PM
oh geez whatever, first your brother said it was his car and he had a turbocharger on it then its your car you want nos on it and xboxs for at car meets to show off the car from the back and stand out, now its your dads car and he doesnt have the $$ for the stuff. whatever, thats great...do with it as you please. just dont ask serious advice from people about how to do something and tell 5 different stories.

and just fyi if you really want me or anyone to take you seriously i wouldnt suggest something as outrageous as you are going to paypal me a thousand bucks because your dads car didnt get something done to it you said it would. what possible reason would you have to send a thousand bucks to someone just for doubting you?

An Angry Clown
10-09-2006, 02:18 PM
sorry man

i get what your saying, but my opinion is totally opposite from yours

BTW cavy, sorry if i sounded a little tough, it wasn't a good day

lots of things are happening around my house, we're getting new floor, we have to get a new car by the time the seirra runs out of lease, my cousins are moving ect. so we're really stapped for cash but late winter, early spring we will definatly get the whole kit. Hold tight :bigthumb:

6speed
10-10-2006, 09:00 AM
hey no need to apologize here, im not going to rag on you because you dont have cash to hook up the ride. me personally, i dont understand spending all the $$ to a mustang to make its doors go vertical, an xbox and tvs in the trunk and all that nonsense. but its not my car, you can do with it whatever you please (obviously). i'd like to hear that you did something to bring some life into the car like a set of 4.10 gears, eibach prokit or sportline springs, an offroad hpipe and some flowmasters [maybe even longtubes?], ud pullies & timing adjuster, t/b and plenum, etc...the cars' heritage is a fast, loud, american muscle car...but to each his own i guess.

An Angry Clown
10-10-2006, 04:55 PM
well.. im glad we don't fight anymore, we were going to get the flowmaster or dynomax but since we're getting the new stuff, and we wern't so sure what sounds better, we waited on that
i totally agree with you that proformance is a better investiment.
superchargers are preaty expensive, roush is 10K + and kenne bell is about 6K +
twin tubro chargers i haven't looked into but what do you think is best?
we ARE getting a new air intake, most likely from HKS and intercooler
also gears and stuff is a nice addon, but remeber, we just cruise around with it and show it off, its not a race car.

we had alot in mind (proformance wise) we wanted to do but i guess we just did cosmetic till now
an x-pipe was one

P.S my dad says if the car is too loud, when you go on long trips, it gets real inoying, and i believe him since he did own a firebird back in the golden days....

i just found out a little more i didn't know about the GT, theres only 442 made and its as quick as 0 - 60 in 4.5 secs

i don't know about the acceleration thing but i got the production number from http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/Production03ZY.html

not too bad!

BTW - nice saleen!

neatofrito1618
10-11-2006, 12:30 AM
You're talking about a stock PI GT's? Sorry, but they dont do 0-60 anywhere near 4.5 seconds.

An Angry Clown
10-11-2006, 07:07 AM
You're talking about a stock PI GT's? Sorry, but they dont do 0-60 anywhere near 4.5 seconds.

yea its an V-8 03 GT .. thanks, im going to see if i can get some specs, or just a dyno run

P.S - one of my dads co-workers has a V-8 06 GT and he said it would go 0 - 60 in 4.5 secs, i don't believe that

6speed
10-11-2006, 09:13 AM
well.. im glad we don't fight anymore, we were going to get the flowmaster or dynomax but since we're getting the new stuff, and we wern't so sure what sounds better, we waited on that
i totally agree with you that proformance is a better investiment.
superchargers are preaty expensive, roush is 10K + and kenne bell is about 6K +
twin tubro chargers i haven't looked into but what do you think is best?
we ARE getting a new air intake, most likely from HKS and intercooler
also gears and stuff is a nice addon, but remeber, we just cruise around with it and show it off, its not a race car.

we had alot in mind (proformance wise) we wanted to do but i guess we just did cosmetic till now
an x-pipe was one

P.S my dad says if the car is too loud, when you go on long trips, it gets real inoying, and i believe him since he did own a firebird back in the golden days....

i just found out a little more i didn't know about the GT, theres only 442 made and its as quick as 0 - 60 in 4.5 secs

i don't know about the acceleration thing but i got the production number from http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/Production03ZY.html

not too bad!

BTW - nice saleen!
first, thanks for the compliment

as im sure your not that educated on the subject [no offense meant, i wouldnt be either if i was 13 and it wasnt my car even] im just going to fill you in on a couple of things
1. dynomax mufflers are quiet, theyre a turbo style muffler; unless you get the glasspack style muffler in which case it would be extremely loud. so i would personally choose flowmaster or mac, or hooker.
2. the roush supercharger cannot be that expensive, i dont know where that price came from but if it is thats ridiculous. a kenne belle 9psi kit is all you would need without any engine work, that should range in the 4,500 range. you can go much cheaper with vortech kits from www.coolblueperformance.com put together your own kit pick what you need, they start at $1,999.
3. gears (as in 3.73 or 4.10) aren't 'racecar' gears. that would be in the 4.56 range for a drag car. a 3.73 or 4.10 gear will wake the car up more so to speak, and not kill your gas mileage or make excessive drone on the highway, or any of that other crap. its a great $200 + labor investment in performance. one of the biggest things you can do to wake up a GT.
4. i dont know what intake HKS makes for a mustang or intercooler? or what you mean by that i think you may be thinking turbos. but if you decided for a twin turbo setup search around a bit you will find better options than HKS. if you need me to check into it i can, but i dont see you going that option any time soon, or ever really.
5. i use my mustang to romp around on the weekends occasionally. so loud, fast, piss poor gas mileage, etc are not concerns for me. if you dad is, then my advice might not be the most useful. but 3.73 gears and flowmasters aren't anything to be afraid of. also keep in mind something to bump the timing (steeda timing adjustor or chip) and a set of underdrive pullies. theyre proven hp gains. a intake on a mustang is usually about as useful in boosting performance as removing your floormats to save weight. a c&l or accufab throttle body and plenum kit is a way to get some more ponies, but the whole intake thing is more for looks. good luck.

neatofrito1618
10-11-2006, 10:54 AM
yea its an V-8 03 GT .. thanks, im going to see if i can get some specs, or just a dyno run

P.S - one of my dads co-workers has a V-8 06 GT and he said it would go 0 - 60 in 4.5 secs, i don't believe that 5 speeds with a decent driver can do 0-60 in the low 6's.

my99cavy
10-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Alright well an 06 GT stang does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds
and the 2003 GT stang will run it in 5.8-6.0 seconds.

An Angry Clown
10-12-2006, 07:16 AM
okay.. now we're getting somewhere!

thanks 6speed!

and cavy!

.. *sigh* and neatofrito

this weekend we'll bring the car down for a more accurate price and probably order it.

I hope snow isn't an issue,

also I'll find the roush supercharger + prices
and i thought HKS made cold air intakes for all cars, but aperently not.

i heard hooker was a good company, and we will in the future order an x-pipe

An Angry Clown
10-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Alright well an 06 GT stang does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds

just curious
do you have a source?

P.S i was thinking about doing the dyno run in town but its an electric one :rolleyes:

and the whole snow thing, he needs to still do an alignment on the new tires and thanks again for helping me out!

TheStang00
10-12-2006, 11:36 AM
just curious
do you have a source?

P.S i was thinking about doing the dyno run in town but its an electric one :rolleyes:

and the whole snow thing, he needs to still do an alignment on the new tires and thanks again for helping me out!

well i can tell you that ford advertises 4.9 0-60 in big bold print in their TV commercials

my99cavy
10-12-2006, 12:25 PM
well i can tell you that ford advertises 4.9 0-60 in big bold print in their TV commercialsThats where I got the stats for the 06 stang, im telling you right now Angry a stock 03 GT stang will not run 0-60 in under 5.5 seconds just no way.

PS I got the 0-60 time for the 03 from a different forum.

TheStang00
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
msn autos has a '01 bullitt mustang 0-60 at 5.83, and their times are not generous by any degree. they are average. not super fast or slow. now the bullitt probably is slightly faster than the regular gt so the gt is probably just under 6 seconds.

my99cavy
10-12-2006, 01:06 PM
not super fast or slow. now the bullitt probably is slightly faster than the regular gt so the gt is probably just under 6 seconds.Just like I said earlier....I just laughed when he said that it will run it in 4.5 seconds lol

TheStang00
10-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Just like I said earlier....I just laughed when he said that it will run it in 4.5 seconds lol

well the 4.5 was said to be a '06 gt, and that is that far off the mark, but its still not gonna happen.

An Angry Clown
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
i see.. im still looking to see where i saw that, it was a big name too, like yahoo or something

well im going down to orillia tonight so i think we might stop at the showroom to see them

ill get a pic of the motor if you want ;)

see ya later

my99cavy
10-13-2006, 10:02 AM
well the 4.5 was said to be a '06 gt, and that is that far off the mark, but its still not gonna happen.He said the 4.5 was what his dads '03 GT could do it in.

ill get a pic of the motor if you want :wink:A pic of what motor? a new GT motor? lol Im pretty sure we have all seen that, and I could just go on yahoo or something and look at the pic, so no thanks man.

An Angry Clown
10-13-2006, 10:49 AM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=4402697#post4402697

^^ reply

i was looking at the website and some guy had a stock 03 and put a stage 2 twin turbo on it, nows over 750 hp

so if you put a stage 3, would it reach close to 1000 hp?

6speed
10-16-2006, 09:54 AM
your stock GT motor would never support near that much horsepower, stick with something simple like a vortech strim kit. you dont need an aftercooler if youre only going to push 8-10psi. and im sure that will be plenty enough hp for you guys.

An Angry Clown
10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
you know what.. thats so stupid of me not to think of that

i said putting new gears on it would make it a race car then i wanted a 1000 hp supercharger

damn.. im getting worse lol

thanks!

we called the store about 5 times and no awnser.. just the call forwarded and my dad left a message.. hadn't called us back yet, thats the sign of a bad person to buy/install from :disappoin

6speed
10-16-2006, 06:53 PM
cool blue performance has the hookup on vortech kits, andrew will take good care of you
http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=341

An Angry Clown
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
cool blue performance has the hookup on vortech kits, andrew will take good care of you
http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=341

thanks.. just to tell yea, that last part sounded very disturbing

i gotta make this post quick, im at school >:(

BTW my names Andrew

Add your comment to this topic!