Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What exhaust for 1994 Accord LX?

kustom_Ace
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Hello all! As you can see I am quite new here. I would much appreciate some advice as to which exhaust system I should purchase for my 1994 Accord LX. I have an AEM V2 CAI and am planning to get the DC sports 4-2-1 ceramic 2 piece header. The engine is the F22B2 and I have the 4 door LX. I want some performance gain from the exhaust and have it loud enough so ppl know its not stock, but I dont want it too loud. I have hear lots of good things about greddy and I am considering them the most right now. However, I dont think that the EVO2 fits my car and I havent heard much about greddy's SP2 wich seems to be the only type that fits. Any info on this or other suggestions would help out a lot. Also if anybody has any experience with their accord feel free to share it. Thx all for your time and consideration.

EDIT: sry for the double post

vtownx
08-30-2006, 12:18 AM
hey saw the post. Let me tell you. I have the same exact car, engine, and CAI, the only thing i dont have is the header. The exaust ive gone with is magnaflow. Its 4" exaust with 2" pipe and it sounds great! Its deep, not high pitched, and people do definately notice it. Just thought id let you know what I have.

Igovert500
08-30-2006, 06:16 PM
I did 2.5" piping on my accord with some ebay muffler. It was a custom job done by some guy at a local muffler chain like meineke. I tossed him $200 and he did it on the side. Good deal IMO. I had an ebay intake and I honestly forget what brand of header, but my friend had the same car, all name brand stuff, and his wasn't any faster. I personally say go cheap adn get a custom job. But that is just my .02, it's your money and your car.

Also in the future you can edit/delete your own duplicate threads/posts. Just click on teh edit post button.

vtownx
08-30-2006, 07:42 PM
gotta love ebay mufflers! I had an ebay muffler on my old '90 accord, but i got rid of that.

kustom_Ace
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanx all for your input. Im gonna ask around at some local shops and see if anybody will do a custom job. My friend did that to his 93 accord and it turned out ok.

pimprolla112
09-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I have a greddy evo2 for my 90 4 door, i havent installed it yet as im doing an engine swap. They do sell just the muffler anf piping is pretty cheap through summit. I had a ractive on there before it was a cut and weld job i loved it, it had a nice sound in the low rpm and made a bit of a buzz right at 6500, but other than that it sounded like a borla.

Add your comment to this topic!