Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

`94 Mustang Gt

JOSE MARIA
08-25-2002, 07:05 PM
Hi friends someone has asked me about the method I have used for painting.Well, I can describe as an example the Porsche 911 Turbo previously shown in pearl white.

1)As a primer, enamel revell satin white (the plastic was red).Then sanded.
2)2nd layer , humbrol matt white.Fine coat.Sanded. Now the car is perfect white.Sand slightly or only if necessary.
3)Mix matt white , a drop of gold and clear coat.All from humbrol.
4)Mix clear coat a drop of white and a drop of silver.
5)Clear coat.Be careful with this because it sucks.IT´s too redish Humbrol´s one.

This time I attach pics of something American. A Monogram 1/25 `94 Mustang GT 5.0

The kit it's quite simple as the body once painted has practically no details so the thing was pretty straight forward to do.Nevertheless was fun to make. The interior , could be better somehow.Great the instructions of the color chart! For once in Monogram's life.
If you want something finer(& more expensive , by the way) Try the `95 Mustang Cobra R from Tamiya.It has the engine as well. Not the convertible GT ! that one ain't have it !.

Regards all felows.

;)

primera man
08-26-2002, 04:59 PM
Did Mustang make a 4X4 :eek: ...J/K
That needs to be lowered in the front :eek: :eek:

JOSE MARIA
08-26-2002, 05:33 PM
Well ,yes , frankly , when I saw it already done I thought about it , and even putting the 4 wheels more to the inside of the car. This thing was made....let me think....in `96 may be? well, no worries I´m doin´also now a Bandai `79 Cobra Turbo , and this one will have some modifications to suspensions. May be even raise it a little bit ˇ! and sending out the four wheels as well.

I just would do that kinda of transformations if the real , factory-perfect-strict -real thing would be that way. For tunning fantasies, NO, thanks. The Bandai Mustang , in 1/20 scale.

primera man
08-26-2002, 07:27 PM
That kit would look tight with some 18-19's rims and lowered :cool:

JOSE MARIA
08-26-2002, 07:34 PM
I´d only opt for the Tamiya rims of a `97 Carrera , no others. The Turbo it´s nice as it comes (to me) no tunning need it. Fast & Furious stuff is not really my cup of tea , sorry.

In fact I wouldb ne interested in picking all that stock -rims that no ones installs on the kits , by the way. What dod you so with them?:D

primera man
08-26-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by JOSE MARIA

In fact I wouldb ne interested in picking all that stock -rims that no ones installs on the kits , by the way. What dod you so with them?:D

I keep al mine just incase i ever need them one day.

Add your comment to this topic!