Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

19" Rims on 2004 Honda Civic LX

riggstfl
08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Whats goin on!!

I have a question that I have been tryin to get a clear answer for :banghead: . Here is the deal.

My wife bought me 19" Kazera rims for my (stock) 04 Civic for my bday. So I now have these rims and would like to put them on my car. I have had some people that told me I might not like the ride on my car after I put the rims on as the it will be very stiff and bumpy. Others have told me that it will not be too bad and yes it will be a little bumpy but will ride as smooth as the stock tires that I have on now.

I wanted to ask anyone here who has had experience...either good or bad..with rims around this size and if it is truly going to make my driving experience horrible and if it will ruin my cars shocks or anything like that.

I hope to hear from some people soon!

Thanks!!

00accord44
08-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Very nice present from your wife, but 19s on a civic is pretty damn big. I'm not sure about the clearance on those civics, but I'm pretty sure you'll be rubbing your fenders/wheel wells. You can get the fenders rolled to accomodate, but thats your call. As for the ride, yes it will be bumpier due to the skinny sidewalls you'll have to use on your tires (235/30/19). Expect your gas mileage to drop considerably also.

I ride 18s on my accord and my ride became noticeably bumpier and gas mileage became not so great anymore :frown: The gas issue differs depending how heavy the wheels are though. Kazera sounds like the name of a chrome rim so they're probably heavy as hell. Probably about 30lbs each compared to about 18 for the stock 15 inchers.

I would thank my wife profusely for being so generous, take the 19s back and use the $1200 to get a good lightweight set of 16s (maybe 17s) and a coilover kit

edit- just looked at Kazera rims on google I se they're available in non-chrome. Are they the KZ-A's? They lookk pretty good

Add your comment to this topic!