Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starting/Running Issues 02 Blazer

Rcwilbert
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
About a Month ago I was driving my 2002 Ls 4dr Blazer and Slowed down to stop and it Died. Restarted it and Kept driving and it died again. For about a week it would die a couple of times but in no patern and not every day. At the end of that week I went out to start it and it was dead. No lights, no clicking, i would turn the key and there would be nothing. So I let it sit for 2 weeks while I drove my honda. Then I went out and tried to start it and it fired up fine. Drove fine for the last 11 days, no dying nothing. Went out this morning tried to start, and it was dead again. Won't crank, Lights don't work, nothing. I only have about 46K miles on it. I live in Florida so there is a far amount of heat, but I was trying to start it this morning when it was 80 degree's out.

blazes9395
08-26-2006, 01:38 PM
This type of electrical problem can be tricky. First try checking all the connections at the battery, check the alternator connections, and make sure you have a good, well charged battery. If I remember correctly, check the battery terminals and makes sure they are not cracked, pull the battery cables and make sure they are not loose.

BlazinMlew
08-26-2006, 02:42 PM
This type of electrical problem can be tricky. First try checking all the connections at the battery, check the alternator connections, and make sure you have a good, well charged battery. If I remember correctly, check the battery terminals and makes sure they are not cracked, pull the battery cables and make sure they are not loose.

I second that.

And from now on only post your problem once ie: follow the rules of posting "No multiple posts":nono: So says the moderator!!

muddog321
08-29-2006, 04:58 AM
After checking the cables and battrey terminals, as well as the junction block under teh battery tray, check the ignition wire on the starter solenoid - had the nut on mine fall off and it is a bear to reach if a 4wd. You can feel up and over starter but if its loose have to drop starter and angle 45 degrees to reach with a 1/4 drive extension.

Add your comment to this topic!