Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Brake boosting?

Bboy_Jon
08-24-2006, 11:21 PM
what exactly is it? do you just hold the brake lightly so you dont lose speed, build boost and let go of the brake?

eh?

-The Stig-
08-25-2006, 12:04 AM
..... never heard of this.

slideways...
08-25-2006, 03:10 AM
im not sure that he knows how a turbo car works...

RSturbo
08-25-2006, 08:25 AM
You need to explain better. Do you mean at a stop or roadracing? I know that with a my turbo auto i can hold the brake down and give it gas and build boost of the line.

Or are you talking about going around a turn and holding the brake to slow down and also giviing it gas so when you exit you have boost built back up?

TatII
08-25-2006, 10:35 AM
yeah that is what brake boosting is. its kinda like cheating when racing from a roll.

you basically tape the brake when your rolliing so you don't lose speed but put in enough resistance where it would spool the turbo up. then you just let off the brake and your good to go.

usually people do it from a stop with automatic cars. when your at a stop you can hold down your brakes and slowly rev until you start to make boost from a dead stop. when turbo2nr had his turbo probe, everytime we would race, he would actually get 10+ psi on his small stock turbo from a dead stop before he takes off on his auto.

Bboy_Jon
08-25-2006, 02:08 PM
ya because i was watching a honda civic video (498 whp) and he was always like BRAKE BOOST BRAKE BOOST!!!

thanks

Add your comment to this topic!