Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Soft top for a 2000?

peppermrj
08-23-2006, 07:06 PM
My son is dropping hints about a new soft top for his 2000 Wrangler. 21 years old and I am still getting his Christmas list. :lol:
Is it worth having them renovated?
Any suggestions, recommendations, and sources would be appreciated.
Thanxs.

Ray H
08-23-2006, 07:36 PM
My son is dropping hints about a new soft top for his 2000 Wrangler. 21 years old and I am still getting his Christmas list. :lol:
Is it worth having them renovated?
Any suggestions, recommendations, and sources would be appreciated.
Thanxs.

Its probably not worth fixing up. Six years is about all you can expect from a top depending on how its been treated and how much weather its been exposed to, windows get scratched and smokey, seams start to open up etc.

Bestop makes about the best aftermarket product line of tops. They have good quality and good customer service and many vendors so if you shop around, you'll have many options. There are also a couple other companies that make tops.ie: Pavement Ends and Smittybilt Outland come to mind. You can pick up a top for a few bucks cheaper from these companies but Im not sure youll get the quality.
I dont work for Bestop or anything but I do have a few of their products and they have worked out well. My wifes TJ and my YJ are are both wearing Bestop tops as well as a couple other Bestop accessories.

EDIT: Hers a different kind of top option. Neat idea, why dont you get one and report back on how he likes it.http://www.rokmen.com/vikingtop.html

jeeptoyrider
12-26-2006, 09:45 PM
hello i own a 1990 jeep that i drive and a 2004 that my wife drives. the 2004 still has factory top, but i had to replace the top on the 1990 . what i found is you have 2 choices, a replaceatop from bestop company or a supper top from bestop company. the replaceatop is good if your jeep still has good condition hardware. the suppertop comes with all new hardware and fits perfectly on my 1990 and made the road nose quieter also. I purchase my super top from a web sight here is the link (http://www.cheapjeeptops.com). I found several places to get the same top but this sight had good prices and was easy to find the top for my year model.

peppermrj
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
thanxs for the tip.

Add your comment to this topic!