Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97' Trans Am Turn Signal Flasher

TransManGLASS
08-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 97' Trans Am and everything seems in working order...except ive got a little problem. My Turn signals rapidly pulsate when they should simply be blinking. Instead of blinking at an average speed of 2-3 seconds...etc it rapidly flashes several times per second. Is there something in specific that may be causing this strange behavior?!? Thanks well in advance for any advice.

-Dean :screwy:

EDIT: Ive just read something about the hazards....ill test it out and get back to you.

skibum1111
08-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Check your bulbs while you are at it, sounds like one or more is burned out.

79Bandit
08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
yup thats just the car letting you know something isnt lighting up...

gmack221
08-22-2006, 07:57 AM
me three, you have a burnt out turn signal bulb, change it and things will go back to normal.

98gpking
08-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 97' Trans Am and everything seems in working order...except ive got a little problem. My Turn signals rapidly pulsate when they should simply be blinking. Instead of blinking at an average speed of 2-3 seconds...etc it rapidly flashes several times per second. Is there something in specific that may be causing this strange behavior?!? Thanks well in advance for any advice.

-Dean :screwy:

EDIT: Ive just read something about the hazards....ill test it out and get back to you.

hey while your inside the front bumper if i might recommend getting clear corner lights. they can be found at afterthoughtsauto.com they are about 55 bucks. highly recommened and everyone....and i mean EVERYONE will ask where you got them from people would never stop asking me

stephenie/tn
09-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Don't know where to ask question, so will do it here. I have 99Trans Am. Can't find where the T/S Flasher goes. Help needed by poor little ole helpless southern girl. Thank you guys.

98gpking
09-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Don't know where to ask question, so will do it here. I have 99Trans Am. Can't find where the T/S Flasher goes. Help needed by poor little ole helpless southern girl. Thank you guys.

you mean like as far as replacing a bulb??? or getting a whole new set of lights??

98gpking
09-22-2006, 01:27 PM

you mean like as far as replacing a bulb??? or getting a whole new set of lights??

stephenie/tn
09-22-2006, 01:58 PM
you mean like as far as replacing a bulb??? or getting a whole new set of lights?? The lights/bulbs are fine. When I turn on the signals to make a turn, they flash once every 2 miles. So I figured itr was the round Flasher thingie that needed replaced. I bought one, but I can't find where it goes. It is not in the fuse box on driver side of dashboard, it doesn't appear to be under the dash; where is it hiding? TY for asking, please help me. I almost got t-boned cause signals don't work. :banghead: stephenie/tn

gmack221
09-22-2006, 02:01 PM

Turn Signal Flasher, not lights dude ...

stepenie ... it will be under the dash near the steering column, easiest to find if you remove the pannel under the steering column, its like 4 screws and is heavier then it looks. once you have that pannel removed and have your new part you can start looking for it (turn on the turn signals if they still flash, if not turn on the 4-way flashers). They use 2 flashers, one for the turn signals & one for 4-ways, make sure you change the right one. they should be clipped to the dash on the left side. good luck and have the new one there so you know what your looking for, buy the heavy duty one its worth the extra $1. any more questions reply back, good luck

98gpking
09-22-2006, 02:02 PM
The lights/bulbs are fine. When I turn on the signals to make a turn, they flash once every 2 miles. So I figured itr was the round Flasher thingie that needed replaced. I bought one, but I can't find where it goes. It is not in the fuse box on driver side of dashboard, it doesn't appear to be under the dash; where is it hiding? TY for asking, please help me. I almost got t-boned cause signals don't work. :banghead: stephenie/tn

whats the exact name of the part your ordered....i think i know what your talking about but there could be a few parts that im thinking of which are all located in different places.

stephenie/tn
09-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Turn Signal Flasher, not lights dude ...

stepenie ... it will be under the dash near the steering column, easiest to find if you remove the pannel under the steering column, its like 4 screws and is heavier then it looks. once you have that pannel removed and have your new part you can start looking for it (turn on the turn signals if they still flash, if not turn on the 4-way flashers). They use 2 flashers, one for the turn signals & one for 4-ways, make sure you change the right one. they should be clipped to the dash on the left side. good luck and have the new one there so you know what your looking for, buy the heavy duty one its worth the extra $1. any more questions reply back, good luck Thank you so much, such a sweetie. :nono: :p Will get back if I have troubles. HAGD stephenie

stephenie/tn
09-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Thank you so much, such a sweetie. :p Will get back if I have troubles. HAGD stephenie:wink:

stephenie/tn
09-22-2006, 02:26 PM
whats the exact name of the part your ordered....i think i know what your talking about but there could be a few parts that im thinking of which are all located in different places.Thank you for ur response. I am checking out what '97 said to do. Then if that doesn't work, we will talk. HAGD stephenie

Add your comment to this topic!