Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TC Tire Pressure Indicator

tc concepts
08-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Has anyone had the tire pressure indicator turn on? I try to reset it, but it keeps turning on. Any suggestions?

doock87
08-26-2006, 03:14 PM
hold down the button for 30 seconds after giving the key 2 clicks. if that doesn't work, ask the dealer. that's information they should give you free of charge.

TheQuietThings
08-28-2006, 08:06 PM
turn the car off, turn the key once, hold the button down for about 10 seconds, and the tire pressure light should blink 3 times. it is now reset

remember - the tire pressure indicator doesnt know that the tire pressure is low
it only knows that the 2 frotn tires have different tire pressures.

doock87
09-23-2006, 08:58 PM
this response came much too late no doubt, but info is info.

the tire pressure sensors are actually modules underneath the tires on the rim itself. they are wireless transmitters which give the reciever in the passenger side quarterpanel wheel speed information. if one of the tires is off by some fraction of a mph, the low air pressure indicator light goes on.

keep this in mind when selling your stock rims. don't leave those transmitters behind like i did. they're no doubt worth a pretty penny, not to mention a very valuable piece of technology.

tc concepts
09-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I didnt know they were wireless. I did fix my indicator. The problem was that i had a nail in the tire. The only dissapointing part is that now i have a patched tire.

Add your comment to this topic!