2004 honda civic ecu replacement???

tylorjohn
08-20-2006, 09:30 PM
ok..i took my car to a shop cuz i couldn't figure out what was wrong with it..(engine light was on and no matter what i did it was still on)..so i took a voltmeter and connected it to the wire where you connect an air/fuel ratio gage and when i pressed the gas there was no activity..so that tells me that my ecu is bad..so i ordered a new one..and every time i go to put it in or hang test it..the car will just turnover and it won't start..what do i have to do to get the new ecu to work?????

BrodyP
08-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Bring it to Honda for a reflash so the key works...

Samps
06-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Where is my ECU in a 04 civic ex....honda told me it was under my passenger seat but they obviously dont want me to know where it is....and will swapping it with another ECU give me more power? if so, which one?

hxgaser
06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Where is my ECU in a 04 civic ex....honda told me it was under my passenger seat but they obviously dont want me to know where it is....and will swapping it with another ECU give me more power? if so, which one?

It's not that simple. One if your car is stock or moderately modified with bolt-ons, you do not need a new ECU. Two, let's say you went out and spend buku bucks on expensive turbo set-up including all related upgrades, such as driveline upgrade and engine mod and stuff. Then you probably want a programable ECU such as AEM and etc. But these need to be tuned by a skillful folk, not an average joe like me or you. So don't even worry about you ECU.

Add your comment to this topic!