Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Radio, No Power

IceFerret
08-20-2006, 08:09 PM
My girlfriends 2000 civic dx stock radio was a pos. It wouldn't play any burned cds and the radio was shit. So i went n bought her a new headunit. I put it in and no power to turn it on. I tested it with a power light thing that when there is power the light turns on. I put the stock back in and it wouldn't work either. What coudl be the problem here. The manual said there is no anti theft system in it. Any Suggestions please help me, I'm not getting any action b/c she is pissed at her car HELP!!!

BMar
08-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Did you cut the factory wire harness?. If so, then you need to reconnect it. And go buy an aftermarket wiring connector that fits into the stock wiring harness. Then you the wiring connector and connect the radio harnees with the wiring connector. You would have to splice the wires and either use but connectors, solder, or electical type to connect it. Just match the wires up. Their color coated. Everything should work if you connect everything right.

If you did this. make sure the ground is hooked up right. It would get power with out that

Add your comment to this topic!