Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radio in 2000 CRV

kittle
08-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Greetings. My daughter's 2000 CRV just had a new battery installed. For the previous two weeks we had numerous times where we had to jump the battery to get it started. She noticed that the radio/CD player wasn't working...I just assumed it was a safeguard because the battery was low. Now that we have had the battery replaced it (radio)) still doesn't work. When turned on it gives a code like CD0...and when we press the various buttons it keeps adding letters like B, C, D. After pressing 4 or 5 buttons it gives an err message.

My question...is the radio gone bad--does it need replacing? Is there a reset button? I don't have the manual...

Thanks for any help.

jgr7
08-20-2006, 12:30 PM
That is the anti theft system. You need a code or you will have to go to the dealer to have them get the code. It, the code, comes with the packet in the owners manual. Like 45456 using the preset buttons.

rginter
09-01-2006, 05:17 AM
There should also be a sticker in the glove box with the security code.

JoePr
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Can you tell me which fuse disconnects the radio anti-theft on a Honda CR-V 2002?

I guessed at unlock codes, now I have the ErrE message. So I went to the dealership and got the correct code. I tried pulling the #8 inside fuse, but it only disconnected the radio, now the anti-lock. Can you tell me which fuse to pull?

I realize I could just disconnect the battery terminal, but I am curious now. Thanks. Joe.

wiseguy01
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
try the underhood fuse block it has a backup radio fuse in there should be #1

marthmoo
12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi...I just bought a 2004 CRV today and the anti theft radio doesn't work in it. After the man came and fiddled with it, he realized it has to have a code. I have the code but still can't get it to work. The red light is blinking on the anti theft bit, but nothing comes on the screne. Is there a re-set button or fuse?? I took the car away without it being done...they didn't have a clue what they were doing. Any hints?

12rock
04-03-2008, 09:20 AM
First you need the serial # on the radio. They can usually be found on the rear of the radios on 2003 and older and or in the glove box on 2004 and up. Yes i know i said on the rear of the radio, thats where the dealer gets you. they remve the radio ( charge you) to get the serial # and they match that number in their database to get the code. If you get it from your glove box or take the radio out yourself, bring the serial number to the dealer parts Dept. and they will give you the code.
Once the battery is disconnnected or dies the anti-theft device for the radio turns on. You get ten tries to put the code in, if you put the wrong numbers in you will get an ERRor message. Once you get this error message you can you have three options #1 run or drive the car for an hour or more leaving the radio alone so it clears , remove radio and anti-theft fuses for at least 7 minutes so it clears or disconnect the the batter cables for at least 7 minutes so it clears then reconnect and you can attemp to put the codes in correctly.
Once you have the code ( either 5 or 6 digits) it as simple as putting them in . Write the code down somewhere safe in the car incase you need it again

wiseguy01
04-03-2008, 01:27 PM
this thread is dead start a new one but dont devive old ones :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!