Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

a real big head ache, give an answer if you can!!!

peterchindle
08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
where to start?:rofl:

well i woke up and found that my car was several yards from where i'd parked it.
a little later i found the window had been popped, steering wheel cowling on the back seat, and the wiring detached from most thing you need it to be attached to. oh not to forget the storks rotated with the steering wheel.
kinda a good job i didn't replace the battery the day before.

so now i've replaced the window (sorry if you ever have to do one).
number one sorted.
got the steering wheel cowling.
number two sorted.
got and fitted the tubey thing that stops the storks from moving.
number tree sorted.

and then i plumbed up the wiring and cried, no power, not a single electron in the cars vains, but the clock from hell seems to work, but die's when igition should be on. wierd.
and yes i am sure it got power as i hooked it up to a jump starter, all black box things and gadets back where they should be, but no lights, no camara
and crank.
bar from replacing all the wiring underneath the steering wheel from my local wreacker and filling his pockets :2cents: even more
i'm stuck, and getting a bigger headache more i think about it.

ps fuses ok (throught you was good then didn't you)

its a mk3, 1995, ford fiesta, lx 1.3, silver, with tow bar if that bit helps.

so if any ford gods have a clue please help the nearly insane, please:iceslolan

21/8/06
well i sorted it,
replaced the fuseable link a red lead runing off the positive terminal of the battery runs to black then to red again, eg - the black bit is the fuseable part that burnt out. so cutting all power of to the car. (so how did the clock work?)
also new battery as the massive drain of power did the already dieing battery no good at all

Add your comment to this topic!