Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

When ordering from HLJ

flyonthewall
08-22-2002, 07:09 AM
What's the deal when ordering the items that are not in bold text? How is the wait likely to be for these?

Noz
08-22-2002, 08:09 AM
I ordered some Nismo rims and an exhaust, took a couple of weeks to come in.

The Fujimi VeilSide R33 I bought recently took about 3 months to come into stock.

Guess it depends on the item really.

daggerlee
08-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Having just placed two recent orders, it's tough to tell with unbolded items. Sometimes they'll be in stock and sometimes they'll be in "low stock" which basically means they probably only have a couple left, and depending in your position in the "queue" you may or may not get it. By queue I mean how many people ordered that same item before you. Sometimes you're just SOL and gotta wait for a restock, can be a real pain if it's a Spot or lower production item.

Lownslow
08-22-2002, 04:04 PM
? How is the wait likely to be for these?

If you want it you can also wait for it.
thats how i think about it

Honoturtle
08-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Sometimes they list it as "IN STOCK" on ur order but not in bold on their catalog. Plus, it depends on how many "items" u got on backorder. One time I put a Civic on order, it switched from "INSTOCK" to "BACKORDER" like everyother day because my rims were "BACKORDER"

davidmmz
08-23-2002, 04:03 PM
I usually seem to order the stuff they don't have in and it really does vary. I was looking for 3 different Studio 27 decal sets; the Repsol Ferrari 348 decals took about a month, the Fujitsubo/Prince Tokyo Skyline decals only took a week, and those for my Brummel F40 are OOP but they said they might be able to find some -that was two months ago. So even with products from the same company its sometimes hard to tell.

Twist
08-23-2002, 11:41 PM
It REALLY varies. :( I've had stuff on order for 5 months before I got it. Other stuff wasn't in stock but came in in less than a week. Just hope and pray. :)

flyonthewall
08-24-2002, 06:02 AM
In the end i decided to get it all from Hobby Search, this is what i got;

3x Fujimi SW20
Aoshima C-West RX-7
Tamiya GT-R r33
6x various rims
GT Wing set

:D

Add your comment to this topic!