Page updated on 03-17-2018

98 Sunfire - No Dim lights

08-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi All... found this site Googling for my problem...

I've got a 98 Sunfire... a while ago (this has actually been quite a while ago), all of a sudden, I noticed I had no dim lights... Zero, nada, nothing.

Brights work perfectly well... the driving lights (daytime lights on while the lights are turned of) I think work on and off.. the work then they don't... In fact the indicator light on the dash sometimes blinks at me regarding the daytime running lights...

Bulbs are good... and the turn lever switch (I believe it's called the multifunction switch?) seems to be working (just replaced it with a brand new one this morning... same problem). Fuses are good...

So far it hasn't really caused a problem.. there's only been a couple times at nite where I've been stuck having to just use brights to get home... The vast majority of the driving of that car is done during the daylight, but I dont' really want to let the problem go any longer than I have to, and not really in a position to pay a mechanic a couple hundred dollars to trace the problem...

Any ideas??
Thanks much!

08-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Well, I have kept searching... and found some info re: the DRL relay...

Then I found this post here:

Which mentions the possibility of the DRL relay being the culprit... I'm going to be checking more into this.

Thanks again!

08-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Well I replaced the DRL relay... no luck.. :(

Add your comment to this topic!