air intakes

08-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi wondered if anyone can help me i have a air filter that the foam has degraded on and need to get this replaced (preferably just the foam) does anyone know where i may be able to get hold of this at all as my engine is now getting too much air and is running lean


08-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Get bigger injectors yo! Haha.. if you really want to restrict air flow... I suggest ebay :) Or you can just head over to any auto shop...

Wait a second, what year is the car? I don't feel like looking, like you didn't feel like mentioning.

08-18-2006, 05:13 PM
its a 93, third gen rx7. so do you know where i can get this stuff? i cant find it anywhere? what exactly is it called

08-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm sure if you go over to your local auto parts store, they'd have a universal intake, or else they could order you one too. The "foam filter" itself I've never really heard of people buying it separately.. but depending on what kind of intake you have, you can use recharge kits. BUT if you don't really care too much about performance, you can get a cheap K&N filter at a local auto parts store.. like $35... if that.

08-18-2006, 06:38 PM
just replace the whole filter.

you have an FD, you can't be ghetto and steal intakes from subarus like an FC owner (like I did).

Add your comment to this topic!