Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stereo wiring problem

oh yea
08-18-2006, 09:53 AM
:banghead: plez help i hav been trying 2 firgure out 4 daz how 2 wire tis stereoto my wires n my car, the factory plug was cut so i don't know what goes to what. 1999 olds alero and a pioneer deh-1600. actuallty i got the speakers figured out but i found the orange wire in my car and hoked it to the yellow wire on the cd player, and the yellow wire from the car to the red in the cd player and the black to black and its not working, i also hooked the yellow to the car and the yellow to the red in stereo all together and it worked but when i turn the car off then on them memory to the stero didnt save. plez help!!!!!:crying:

jpik
08-20-2006, 10:08 PM
OK first of all cutting the factory plug is dumb, but that's not your fault. you know you're gonna lose all your warning chimes right?

your close but kinda off so i'll try to help you:

the red on the pioneer should go to red on the factory harness.
The yellow on the pioneer should go to yellow on the factory harness
black goes to black
the orange wire is actually for the lights, if your pioneer has a dimming capability hooking it up will control illumination to your cars lights.

if that doesn't match up I'll pull my dash for you and double check, let me know.

PS What was in the dash before?? had to be something aftermarket right? if it was a pioneer the old plug should have just connected right in to the new one, might be a little late for that tho.

oh yea
08-22-2006, 10:45 AM
thanks, i figured it out i finally used one of those thngs that check the wires and my factory constant read none so needless to say i just blew a fuse. thanks though. oh yeah, one alero's the constant is orange and the yellow is ignition.

importune
08-23-2006, 12:10 AM
When your wiring stereos, always check the fuses when your done. If you touch any wires together, odds are, the fuse is blown.

KiaSportage97
04-11-2007, 01:54 PM
i am having the same darn prob. my self:screwy:

i don't really know anything about wires. but i know there is alot of wires. green wires, green with yellow stripe, green with white stripe, green with black stripe, red wire, black wire, yellow wire, blue with red stripe, purple wire, white with black stripe:uhoh:

please help!!!:p

KiaSportage97
04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
i need help!!!

there is more stipe wires than solid wires and very colorful....
anyone willing to help me figure out how to hook up my car stereo???

NocturnalCreations
04-11-2007, 02:20 PM
This should help
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.asp

Add your comment to this topic!