Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

84 633csi help needed

gamecock92
08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I am looking at a 84 633csi but it has a few issues and I need some help on what the problems might be.
1. Blower fan not working with AC on or off.
2. Spedometer not working
3. Computer to right of radio not working
Any suggestion would be apreciated.

slyhog-22056
08-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I have one also and the best thing i can tell you is go to this link about the blower fan...http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/bmw_home.html there are a lot of links to different places there, but from my reclooection it is a transistor assembly on the fan itself. As far as trhe speedo, there is a plug on the rear end which is the pickup for the electronic speedo. if it is the odometer bavauto sells the little plastic wheel for the inside of the speedo assy for about $24. The trip computer has a small fuse in the control box in behind the glove box that blows about everytime the car is jumpstarted, replace it and it should work... got any pics??? i love mine and would like to see pics of the one you are looking at. http://www.high-velocity-motorsports.com

gamecock92
08-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I did some research and found out i should check fuse 16. That was the blower problem. I bought the car. The speedo and odometer are not working. I will try what you suggested. I will take some pics once it stops raining around here. Thanks again.

slyhog-22056
08-19-2006, 10:30 PM
RAIN??????? OMG sends some down here in Texas, we definetly need it. as fazr as both not wotking check the 2 small colored plugs on the back of the cluster, they can come unplugged or someone might have plugged them in wrong, the writing is in german ... of course...

roadmaster1955
02-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I have the same problem with the speedo on my 633. Please keep me inform on hoew you have resolved the problem

roadmaster1955
02-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I have the same problem with the speedo on my 633. Please keep me inform on hoew you have resolved the problem

Add your comment to this topic!