94 no start ????

dillagaf
08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
:banghead: :banghead:

ok, I give up.
have a 94 ram 1500,5.2 liter the motor cranks and will not fire....
replaced this- a crank sensor,pick-up coil,cap,rotor plugs,wires. also had buddy with the nice snap-on scan tool check for codes and the coil check fine. anybody? :banghead:

crazys182003
08-17-2006, 09:07 PM
do you smell gas after trying to start it for awhile? When a vehicle won't start the thigns to check for are battery spark and gas. Sounds like you checked almsot evertythign electrical. If your not really smelling gass check the pump I think the PSI coming off it should be around 50.

dillagaf
08-18-2006, 10:25 PM
yep,have fuel.
also for shits and giggles I changed pcm's and still nothing:banghead:
anything I might be overlooking??
have spark going in the dist,but not coming out.I put two new pick-up coils in,changed out the dist with one from a friends with the same results:banghead:
thats what lead me to belive the pcm.I have checked and checked all possible wires and what not,i'm going:screwy:

will not be much longer before I yank that computer junk out and put a real motor in, have one on the stand with a 727 ready to go in,but then i'll have to slam it to the ground and tub it.:grinyes:

imtheoneandonlyD
08-19-2006, 02:42 AM
will not be much longer before I yank that computer junk out and put a real motor in, have one on the stand with a 727 ready to go in,but then i'll have to slam it to the ground and tub it.:grinyes:

DO IT!!!!

dillagaf
08-20-2006, 08:59 AM
as it turned out it WAS the coil, although it was putting out a good spark it was not a HOT enough spark to fire the motor. got a new coil and fired right up!!:banghead:

thanks

Add your comment to this topic!