Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Model Kit database - work in progress

Katsura
08-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

I mentioned in a different thread it'd be cool to have a big database of all the Tamiya models kits information.

I've set up a Excel spreadsheet and entred some info as a prototype, eventually I want to make it web-based, and has links to photos of the box arts, runner pics etc.

What I want to know, is what kind of info you want to see in this database, and wether i can get any help on complete it (no way I'll buy all 200+ Tamiya kits to find all the info :)).

Here's what I came up so far: for example:

Kit NumberNameYear of ManufacturingNumber of Runnders (not inc. body)Construction StepsNumber of PartsMold ColoursTyre MarkingsEngine DetailsPosable SteeringVehicle ManufacturerVehicle TypeNote
24032(2432)HONDA PRELUDE XX198331569White, Dark grey, Tinted transparentBRIDGESTONE REGNOYesYesHondaStreetPosable flip up head light
24098CARBIN R90V NISSAN199041883Red, Silver, Transparentnone (Yokohama Decal)YesYesNissanRacing

Please let me know any other info you want to see included, Cheers.

Katsura
08-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Oops, the forum format means the form can't be displayed correctly. Here's a different format;

Kit Number
24032(2432)

Name
HONDA PRELUDE XX

Year of Manufacturing

Number of Runners (not inc. body)

Construction Steps

Number of Parts

Mold Colours
White, Dark grey, Tinted transparent

Tyre Markings
BRIDGESTONE REGNO

Engine Details
Yes

Posable Steering
Yes

Vehicle Manufacturer
Honda

Vehicle Type
Street

Note
Posable flip up head light

========================

Kit Number

Name
CARBIN R90V NISSAN

Year of Manufacturing

Number of Runners (not inc. body)

Construction Steps

Number of Parts

Mold Colours
Red, Silver, Transparentnone

Tyre Markings
none (Yokohama tyre decal)

Engine Details
Yes

Posable Steering
Yes

Vehicle Manufacturer
Nissan

Vehicle Type
Racing

Note
Based on 24093 Nissan R89C

suicidehummer
08-17-2006, 06:47 PM
I think you should put down fitment
issues, and other problems common
to that kit.

MPWR
08-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Waaaay too much information. Tamiya has put out over 300 1/24 kits- some currently in production, some long out, and some occasionally reissued. There's no way you can collect this level of info on anything but a fraction of them. So, keep with the basics-

1- Kit name and number
2- Engine detail yes/no
3- Notes (shares sprue with other kit, no posable steering, diecast chassis, female wheels, etc.)

Year issued is interesting, but kind of irrelevant considering rereleases- maybe nice to have for curiosity. Instruction steps doesn't matter, as most of us don't really follow the instructions to the letter anyway. Number of sprues and color is irrelevant, and number of parts is just too hard (and meaningless) to find. Fitment issues on Tamiya kits is really a non issue- anyone found a bad one?

Stick with the important basics, and you have some hope of getting a decent list together. This way you can also get other people to contribute, and they don't have to worry with collecting a bunch of extra information.

MidMazar
08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Also copies of the instructions.

MPWR
08-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Incdently, now that I think of it 360Spyder already has a good start of it....

http://www.italianhorses.net/tamiya.htm

mel79
08-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Sennake has also a complete list with pictures of all Tamiya cars and bikes: http://users.telenet.be/sennake/moca_tamiya/moca_tamiya_menu.htm

-Mikko

hirofkd
08-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Tire brand, as well as wheel and tire sizes.

Jay!
08-18-2006, 12:11 PM
First off, Excel makes spreadsheets, not databases. If you want to make a database, use Access, or something like that.

If you were to make a database, the more information, the better, as long as you keep it sorted nicely... ;)

I, for one, would be interested in release and re-release years, as it pertains to availability and running changes.

Other things:

Window masks?
Metal transfers?
MSRP on the box?
"Made in" location?
Motorized or not? Motor included in this release? (My RX-7 kit that I picked up for $5 was an original issue, and included the motor and all the wiring! :) )

Tire brand, as well as wheel and tire sizes.
+1! And wheel type, be it OEM or aftermarket. Heck, pics of the wheels, FTW!

mbwoods
08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
how about my version, although in alphabetical order rather than numbered order as there are a few fujimi/aoshima ones in

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/brian.woods93/models_p1.htm

(oh, i still have all the original instuctions for all the models)

Add your comment to this topic!