Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New honda sputtering

simonsdaddy
08-16-2006, 09:40 PM
I have a question about my 1990 honda accord I bought today. this is my first post on this forum and Im looking foward to gaining your insites. Okay now for the question, THe car starts fine but it spits and sputters real bad until you hit about 30 mph, then takes off like a rocket, the exaust is loose but other than that I can find no real problems with the car, do you think i need to clean out feul system or is this somthing else? any input would be greatly apprec:dunno: iated

simonsdaddy
08-17-2006, 11:36 AM
come on noone has any ideas perhaps this isn't the wealth of information I had thought

somick
08-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I would start with regular maintenance: distributor cap, wires, spark plugs. Considering the age of your vehicle, fuel filter would be a suspect too.

Sam

simonsdaddy
08-17-2006, 11:31 PM
thanks for the reply

hondacivic99sivtec
08-18-2006, 03:51 PM
I would start with regular maintenance: distributor cap, wires, spark plugs. Considering the age of your vehicle, fuel filter would be a suspect too.

Sam

yep this is the best thing to do. always start with the basics

AccordCodger
08-18-2006, 04:41 PM
come on noone has any ideas perhaps this isn't the wealth of information I had thought
Please excuse us. No one told me we had to come up with a response in any minimum amount of time (in this case approx 12 HOURS).

Anyway, you got your answer.

Add your comment to this topic!